Saturday, June 26, 2021

Just Us Girls #590 - Photo Week

Hi friends!  Vicki chose a really cool photo for the Just Us Girls Photo Week challenge.
 

I went literal with the challenge.  I started by blending some distress oxide inks in various shades of blue to create the background.  I tried to leave some lighter areas like in the photo and splattered it with white paint.  I remembered I had this balloon cutting plate from Taylored Expressions that was perfect!  I die cut it three times.  I colored one of them with copic markers and cut the balloons from the other two just so I had the frames remaining.  I stacked them onto the first one for dimension.  I then die cut the sentiment three times and stacked it too.  Crystals and shimmer spritz were added for sparkle.

You can see more from the JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.

This is our June Guest Designer, Fran Wing's, last challenge with us this month.  I'd like to thank her for being such a great guest and hope we see her in the gallery in the future!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Various blue distress oxide inks, copic markers
Accessories:  Up, Up & Away cutting plate (TE), Impression Obsession sentiment dies, crystals, shimmer spritz


6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

You and Bobby sure were on the same page! Great inspired card -- I also love your "glowing" balloons :)

Macimbalo said...

This is so pretty! Love how you were inspired by the photo!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Love the background for your colourful balloons.

Bobby said...

Looks like we had the same idea almost, Lisa. Love your balloons and the strings that dangle down.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background is gorgeous and absolutely shines! Beautiful shading on those balloons, too! Perfect inspired card.

Cécile RIBON said...

I love your literal take on this photo. You created such an amazing packground.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin