Saturday, July 3, 2021

Just Us Girls #591 - Word Week

Hello everyone!  Today begins a new Word Week challenge over at Just Us Girls.  Bobby chose the word SCRIPT.

I had so many choices for this challenge. I have several large scripted word dies that I could have chosen, however I just got this bicycle die from Honey Bee that I wanted to use.  I chose yellow as my feature color and went from there.  I used a polka dot stencil and yellow distress oxide ink to create the background.  That panel was die cut with a scalloped die.  Then I die cut the bicycle.  I used yellow cardstock for the main frame, silver for the handlebars and spokes, black for the wheel rim and handles, and craft for the basket.  I stamped and colored the flowers and then die cut that as well.  The script sentiment was also stamped and die cut.  I added silver crystals and shimmer spritz for sparkle.

We have a new guest designer for the month of July!  Chrissie Stokes will be with us all month.  Welcome!

You can see more from Chrissie and the JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Riding By (Honey Bee)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, yellow, silver
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, squeezed lemonade, copic markers
Accessories:  Riding By dies (HB), Bicycle Builder dies (HB), Audrey cutaways die (Winnie & Walter), large polka dots stencil (MFT), silver crystals, shimmer spritz


8 comments:

cm said...

Absolutely smitten with your sweet bike and sentiment! Fabulous in every way!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

So pretty, love that font!

Nancy said...

Such a great card, Lisa! Love all the pops of yellow throughout! Have a great week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute I love those dots. Great font on that sentiment also

Bobby said...

I think you have just enabled me, Lisa. I love the bicycle but it's the sentiment with an accompanying die that has me wanting this set. Those polka dots add such a cheerful feel to your lovely card.

Ina G said...

Love your bicycle die and what gorgeous happy colours you chose for this beautiful card Lisa. Lovely background and super script.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that bicycle with the basket full of flowers! Great choice of background with the yellow polka dots and addition of the bling. Such a great, feel good card!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful design, Lisa. This bicycle is so pretty and I love the yellow polka dot background.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin