Saturday, July 10, 2021

Just Us Girls #592 - Trend Week

Hi everyone!  The Just Us Girls challenge this week is our Trend challenge.  Sue chose for us to recycle something on our card.  This was fun!
 
I save the package inserts from stamp and die sets.  I use them for cutting extra images to use for dimension.  I love the Waffle Flower packaging and found one that was the perfect size for a card.  I just cut it down a bit to fit on a yellow mat.  Then I used one of their new stamp/die/stencil combos called Spread Your Wings.  I stamped the butterflies then blended three inks on them using the stencils.  I stamped them again in the black ink because it was a bit dull.  In hindsight, I could have done this a few other ways, but this was what I went with initially.  After stamping and blending the ink, I die cut each one and then die cut each two more times to stack for dimension.  The sentiment is from The Greetery and I used the yellow and pink inks (they blended together for a peachy color) to stamp it and then die cut it as well as two more times for dimension.  I added the sub-sentiment, some crystals, and spritzed it with shimmer spray.  I love the way this came out!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Spread Your Wings (Waffle Flower), Written in Ribbons (The Greetery)
Paper:  Recollections white, yellow, Waffle Flower packaging
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, kitsch flamingo, mustard see, broken china distress oxide
Accessories:  Spread Your Wings dies and stencil (WF), crystals, shimmer spritz


9 comments:

Cindy Major said...

Great take on the recycling challenge. I love the use of the Waffle Flower packaging, it turned out great!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you recycled the Waffle Flower packaging into this beautiful card! I love those pretty butterflies and perfect touches of bling! I bet that shimmer spray is gorgeous irl.

Nancy said...

I actually thought when I saw your card that it might be made from Waffle Flower packaging. Brilliant idea and wonderfully executed as those butterflies look so perfect!

ElizStewart said...

I saw your card and immediately knew it was the Waffle Flower packaging... so BRILLIANT! Just an amazing card...

Bobby said...

I recognize the packaging, Lisa, and it makes a great canopy for your beautifully ink blended and matching butterflies.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You have reason to love this! It turned out very pretty and bright :)

cm said...

What a great way to recycle your WF packaging and oh, how pretty with the butterflies! I just tossed some of these papers away...dashing off to reclaim them from the recycle bin!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Such a lovely result you got with your recycled packaging and so colourful. Gorgeous butterflies and lovely sentiments Lias.

Cécile RIBON said...

A brilliant take on the challenge theme. You had the perfect packaging to create a very bright and cheerful card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin