Saturday, July 17, 2021

Just Us Girls #593 - Color Week

Hello everyone!  Just Us Girls has a great Color Week going on.  Angie chose yellow, grey, and teal.
 

I used the new Honey Bee Coneflower dies for this card.  Now I know coneflowers aren't yellow (they are pink...I have several of them in my garden now), but Color Challenge!  I had to make them yellow for this challenge!  There are four layers to the flower, and I added some distress inks to them for some depth.  On the centers of the flowers, I used a light gray and dark gray cardstock.  For the leaves, I used teal cardstock and added blue ink.  The panel was inked up with a new MFT stencil in gray ink.  I added the sentiment, crystals, and shimmer spray.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Riding By (Honey Bee)
Paper:  Recollections white, barely banana, taken with teal, basic gray
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, scattered straw, fossilized amber, mermaid lagoon, hickory smoke
Accessories:  Coneflower dies (Honey Bee), Riding By die (HB), stitched rectangle die (MFT), watercolor wash rectangle stencil (MFT), crystals, shimmer spray


5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card! Those flowers are just fun

Nancy said...

This is so gorgeous Lisa! I am chanting to myself...I don't need those flowers...I don't need those flowers! You do it to me time and time again!

Bobby said...

You say pink. I say purple, Lisa. But I swear I also had some yellow ones once. Or you could make them into black-eyed Susans which I intend to do with my dies some day.

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa those conflowers just blew me away. Such depth and they are beautiful in any colour but certainly stunning here. Love this one!

Macimbalo said...

So beautiful! Love how you've used the colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin