Saturday, October 30, 2021

Just Us Girls #608 - Wild Card Week

 Hello!  Just Us Girls is hosting it's Wild Card week challenge...if there is a fifth Saturday in the month, as we have this month, we have an extra challenge.  The hostess, this week it's Bobby, gets to choose a challenge of her choosing.  Bobby chose the word leaves, and let me tell you that made me happy!

I have two cards to share this week.  I love fall and I love creating with leaves.  This first card uses a leaves wreath stencil.  It's quite large, but I cut it down to fit an A-2 size card.  I used various fall colored distress oxide inks to create the wreath.  I added gold splatter (something I don't do much of...even with a splat box I had gold splatter on my phone, my desk, etc.!).  Then I die cut the sentiment using brown, orange, and gold cardstocks.  I originally used green ink to stencil the dots on the wreath, but when I added the gold splatter I thought gold crystals would look better.  Which in my opinion they did!  I mounted this panel on a brown mat and added it to the white base.


Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card.  I decided to use a leaves turnabout stamp for this one.  I went with green, purple, and  light and blue inks.  The sentiment was die cut with gold cardstock.  I added stardust stickles to the berries on the wreath and mounted on pattern paper.  I added strips of gold on either side of the main panel.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest, Nora Noll on the JUGs blog.  This is her last week with us and she's done a fabulous job.  Thanks for joining us Nora!

We are also saying a fond fairwell to our JUGs teammate Angie.  She has been a wonderful asset to our team and she will be sorely missed!  Best wishes to you Angie!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Card #1
Paper:  Recollections white, orange, brown, honey gold mirror cardstock
Ink:  Mustard seed, spiced marmalade, fired brick, ground espresso, gansai tambi starry watercolors
Accessories:  Leaves wreath stencil (SSS), thanksgiving die (SSS), gold crystals

Recipe Card #2
Stamps:  Harvest wreath TAB (C & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, honey gold mirror, pattern paper
Ink:  Hot tub, green tea, royal treatment, juniper mist (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  With sympathy die (Dee's Distinctively), star dust stickles


8 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... loving both of these cards! The leaf card is truly inspiring. You may have gotten gold splatter everywhere but it was so worth it. Love the colors, love the sentiment, love the feel.

Nora Noll said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! I LOVE the fun splattering on the first card and how you used the gold. The second card with that wreath is amazing. I actually LIKE to make sympathy cards. Yours is beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Those turn abouts make for the best cards! Both cards are awesome

Nancy said...

Lisa, I always adore everything you make! These are both so good! The bold greeting on the first one is awesome along with the fun splattered background. As for your second card, it's a gorgeous sympathy card and the colors are lovely together.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two beautiful creations! I love those stenciled leaves with the varying colors, gold splatters and sentiment. Your sympathy card is gorgeous with the pretty wreath and gold sentiment, love the layout on it.

Bobby said...

I'm glad the challenge word made you happy, Lisa. Your cards make me happy. They are so different but equally beautiful, especially with the gold accents.

Ina G said...

Fabulous colourful thanksgiving card Lisa. Your sympathy card is truly beautiful.

cm said...

A duo of gorgeous cards, Lisa. Love the fall colours of your Thanksgiving card and the softer blues/greens for your Sympathy card. The gold sentiment is beautiful.
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin