Thursday, November 4, 2021

Celebrating The Creative Knitter!

 Hi friends!  I don't know how many of you know Stephanie Klauck.  She worked creatively for My Favorite Things for many years.  She lives in Canada near the US border and I live in the US near the Canadian border.  I got to know her when she taught classes at the stamp store here in Buffalo called Buffalo Stamps & Stuff.  Stephanie came once every month to teach classes using MFT products.  We had so much fun at those classes, and Stephanie has an infectious laugh.  We were missing those classes during the Covid and border shutdowns.  

Well it seems Stephanie wasn't idle during that time.  She picked up her knitting needles and dove head first into a new career.  She began dying her own yarn and started an online company from her home calling it The Creative Knitter.  Well now she's taken it a step further and opened a brick and mortar store in Ridgeway, Ontario.  You can read more about it on her Instagram and Facebook accounts.

So I thought I'd send a congratulatory card to her.  I found the perfect stamps for this card.  They are from The Greetery.    I stamped, colored and die cut the super cute image of this moose (hello...Canada is full of them!) and lamb knitting!  The background is a stencil in a knitted pattern that I created with blue ink.  I die cut the sentiment from red cardstock and the shaddow from white.  I matted this on a blue panel before adding it to a white card base.  I just hope this reaches her.  I have another friend in Kitchener, Ontario who I sent a card to and it was sent back as no such address.  It was her exact address, confirmed by her!  Ugh!  Fingers crossed it gets there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Gettin' Cozy (The Greetery)
Paper:  Recollections white, blue
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, stormy sky, copic markers
Accessories:  Gettin' Cozy die and Knit Wits stencil (The Greetery), stitched rectangle (MFT), star dust stickles, scripted greeting die (Pink Fresh)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin