Saturday, November 6, 2021

Just Us Girls #609 - Word Week

Hi friends!  The first challenge of the month over at Just Us Girls is the Word Week challenge.  Nancy chose the word MERRY

I was so happy Nancy chose this word because I finally got to try out my new hot foil system.  I've been on the fence about adding a new technique with new products into my craft room, but I found it to be fun and rewarding!  I was so worried about this coming out messy, but when I took the foil off the paper, it was perfect and so pretty!  I can't wait to try more things!  After I foiled the word, I used a Pink Fresh stencil set to create the wreath around it.  I used several shades of green inks and the red for the berries.  I stamped the word Christmas in dark green and added gold crystals.  I matted this onto red cardstock and then onto a white base.  First of the Christmas cards done!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new November guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Written in Ribbons Holiday (The Greetery)
Paper:  Recollections white, red
Ink:  Rockin' red, sage, spruce, deck the halls (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Holiday Botanical stencil (Pink Fresh), stitched rectangle (MFT), hot foil Merry die (SSS), gold hot foil, crystals


6 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... WOW! Your foiling is beautiful and such a standout with the fabulous stenciling. I can't believe the industry has only just started coming out with layered stencils. I love the look. The touch of Novo gold is nice...or are they gold dots? This card definitely could persuade me to make a leap into foiling!

Nancy said...

First of all...Shoot! you jumped on the hot foil wagon too! Now. I really think I might have to give it a try. There was something about having friends hanging back with me that made me feel like it was okay not to foil. LOLOLOL I may be the only one now! This is a gorgeous card and I am so impressed that you had no troubles with your first attempt. I am loving that stencil too! You have totally enabled me with this post...DARN it! LOL

Vicki Dutcher said...

Good for you getting out and playing with your "new" tool! This turned out quite fabulous :)

Ina G said...

Well done with the beautiful foiled sentiment Lisa. Lovely array of Christmas leaves and berries. Haven't been game to try foiling yet.

Bobby said...

First Christmas card? Wow, Lisa. You'd better get busy unless you don't sent out cards. I am still on the fence about foiling, at least with a hot machine. Yours is lovely and so is the wreath surrounding it.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I love that foiled sentiment surrounded by the beautiful Christmas greenery! You always have the coolest stamps, stencils, everything!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin