Saturday, November 20, 2021

Just Us Girls #611 - Color Week

Hello everyone!  We have a great color challenge over at Just Us Girls.  Vicki chose aqua, brown, and cream.
 
I was lucky enough to snag this Tim Holtz/Simon Says Stamp collaboration set during Stamptember.  It sold out pretty quickly.  I thought it would be perfect for this week's colors.  I started by stamping the sleigh and the trees (several times to get a forest on the bottom) in Memento rich cocoa ink on a cream cardstock so I could use copic markers.  A moon two-step stencil came with the set.  I temporarily adhered the first solid stencil down and masked the sleigh with masking paper.  Then I was able to stencil the clouds with a cloud stencil.  Keeping the sleigh stencil in place, I replaced the solid moon stencil with the detail one and used a light blue ink with it.  Once that was finished, I removed the stencil and masking paper.  I used very light blue copics to color the sleigh, Santa, and trees then stamped the sentiment.  I added some star dust stickles to the Santa and trees.  That panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle and mounted onto an aqua panel die cut with a bigger rectangle.  I'm going to make more of these for my holiday cards this year.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our November guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Tim Holtz/SSS stamp set
Paper:  Vintage cream, aqua, recollections white
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa, antique linen and speckled egg distress oxide, copic markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangles (MFT), cloud stencil (MFT), masking paper, star dust stickles

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This card looks amazing in the colors! Well done~

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so gorgeous! I love how you masked and colored this. I love how Santa flying over the trees with that beautiful moon and clouds in the background! You have really outdone yourself on this!

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous use of the colors Lisa - I was lucky enough to get this set as well and will try following your design! Thanks for all the details of how you achieved it! xx

Nancy said...

I looked at your card and said out loud...well at least someone nailed the colors! Cream clouds sealed the deal! Really fab, Lisa! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bobby said...

It was almost as if that stamp set was made for those colors, Lisa. Your card is absolutely perfect.

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is just such a beautiful non traditional Christmas card. Simply stunning and lovely scene. It's magical!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin