Saturday, March 5, 2022

Just Us Girls #622 - Word Week

 Hello!  It's March...must closer to those warmer and longer days!  This week is our Word Week challenge over at Just Us Girls.  Elizabeth chose the word LUCKY.

I'm actually feeling some warmer weather this week because I'm visiting my best friend, Maria, in her new home in Bluffton, SC (just outside of Hilton Head).  We will be golfing and enjoying the warm weather.

For this week's card, I chose to use clovers as my lucky symbol.  I started by stamping the large four-leaf clovers in two shades of ink then die cutting them with the coordinating die.  Then I used a clover stencil and green ink on the green panel.  I added some glitter texture paste over them and they now look gold.  But some of the green is peeking through.  I laid out the three clovers on the left and the glittered panel on the right.  The sentiment is actually gold foil, but looks black.  I added gold pearls to the centers of the clovers.  I'm giving this card to our good Irish friend who is receiving an award at our Irish Center here in Buffalo.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our March guest designer, JoAnn Burnham, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome to JUGs for the month of March JoAnn!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Luck & Love (Gina K)
Paper:  White, green
Ink:  Key lime, olive (PFS)
Accessories:  Luck & Love dies (Gina K), stitched rectangle die (MFT), clovers stencil (SSS), frosty dawn sparkle texture paste (Cosmic Shimmer), pearls


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome clovers love this card with all that green

Nancy said...

Such a great card, Lisa! One of my favs this week for sure! the background looks terrific and what a great greeting! Have a great time!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful card full of lucky clover!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is amazing! Love the shimmer and those big four-leaf clovers!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the green and glittery gold! This is wonderful, Lisa! Have fun in the sun!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a perfect card for your Irish friend! I love the big clovers with their shading and those stenciled and glittered ones look amazing! Love that sentiment, too!

Bobby said...

What a great card, Lisa, and I'm so glad you have a recipient for it. I love the glittery clover and foiled sentiment.

JoAnn said...

Pretty card with the gold stenciled shamrocks and sentiment. Love the layout with the larger shamrocks on the white panel. Your Irish friend will love it.

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa this is a stunner. So full of lucky clover. Your friend will love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin