Saturday, March 12, 2022

Just Us Girls #623 - Trend Week

 Hi friends!  It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls.  Vicki chose using EMBOSSING FOLDERS.  Get out all those folders collecting dust!

I pulled out this Circle Rings embossing folder for this challenge.  I don't know if it's considered 3-D, but the impressions are very deep.  Then I pulled out this Poppies stamp and die set.  I waited so long for this set because it was always out of stock.  It's such a simple design, but I just love it!  I first stamped it with black ink then used the coordinating stamps in three shades of peach for the flowers and two shades of green for the leaves.  I used the same three shades of peach to create an ombre design on the embossed panel, or at least I tried.  There doesn't look like enough of a difference between the three colors and my blending looks a bit splotchy.  I added a sentiment that was stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I added clear sequins on the flowers to finish it.  

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our March guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Poppies (Reverse Confetti), Perfect Sentiments (Pink Fresh)
Paper:  white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black, coral reef, passion fruit, berrylicious, fresh pear, olive (PFS)
Accessories:  Poppies die (RC), Circle Rings embossing folder (SSS), Perfect Sentiments die (PFS), clear embossing powder, sequins


9 comments:

Nancy said...

Lisa, This is just so pretty! Those poppies are a perfect addition to that super cool embossed and ombre background! I love everything you make!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... the poppies were worth waiting for! So much fun and versatile, I see a lot of possibilities with those flowers! Love your treatment of the EF as well.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. I love your embossed and ink blended background - perfect with your cute poppies. Love the colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the ombre coloring on the embossing

Lisa Elton said...

I like that set too, Lisa and I love the way you've used it! This is a delightful card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful ink blending on that cool background! I love those fun flowers and your perfectly added bling.

Bobby said...

Such fun graphic flowers, Lisa, and they look wonderful against the ombre' background.

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is gorgeous! Awesome background and those flowers are so cute and funky - love them. Certainly worth the wait.

Carol said...

Love your colors and they do look different from each other! That embossing folder does look like a 3D one...I want to get one!!!! Your flowers and that cool background complement each other so nicely and I love the sparkle!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin