Saturday, November 12, 2022

Just Us Girls #658 - Trend Week

 Hi!  I'm the hostess this week over at Just Us Girls for the Trend Week challenge.  I chose for us to make a matching envelope.  I feel envelopes get ignored sometimes and thought this would be a good challenge.

I started by making my card.  I used the Peaceful Pines stencils from Taylored Expressions.  This made four cards, but I'm only sharing one here today.  I saw one on their site using these bright colors and thought it was so fun, so I went with it.  I added some texture with their Fresh Snow paste.  It's kind of hard to see in the photos.  I stamped the sentiment and added crystals and mounted it on an aqua card base.
For the envelope, I created it in the same manner as the card to mirror it.  When I send cards to family and friends out of town, I always stamp the back flap with a sentiment that says "Greetings from Buffalo" and I have a buffalo stamp that I stamp with it (I live in Buffalo, NY).  I got it at my LSS, who special orders them.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our November guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Here We Come A-Caroling (C. Pooler)
Paper:  White, aqua, white envelope
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, salvaged patina, mowed lawn, gathered twigs, saltwater taffy, carved pumpkin, mustard seed
Accessories:  Peaceful Pines stencils (Taylored Expressions), stitched rectangle (MFT), fresh snow texture paste (TE), crystals



11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Great challenge too

cm said...

Love your whimsical little forest! So pretty! This is a fabulous challenge; so enjoyed making my card + envelope pairing; so wonderful to see the team's creativity!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... I love small collections of trees...especially yours in those bright colors!

Lisa Elton said...

So CUTE! Loved this challenge!

Nancy said...

This is as darling as can be! Love it!

Carol said...

Love these stenciled and happy-colored trees Lisa! I might CASE your idea of stamping the back flap with where my cards are coming from too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your colorful trees on your card and matching envelope! Those colors are just so fun and playful. Great challenge for us this week!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

These are adorable, Lisa! I love your arrangement of colour. What a fun card, and the envelope is equally so!

Karren said...

This bright and cheerful row of trees is fabulous and your matching envelope is just as gorgeous! Thanks for a great challenge!

Bobby said...

Love the colorful tree line, Lisa, and it looks just as great on the envelope.

Ina G said...

Love your fun colourful Christmas tree card and matching envelope. Such a fabulous idea for our challenge Lisa. Loved it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin