Saturday, November 5, 2022

Just Us Girls #657 - Word Week

 Hello!  This week is Word Week at Just Us Girls, and Bobby chose the word FENCE.

I saw Jennifer McGuire use this die in this manner a while ago and had to have the die.  For her background, she pieced strips of colorful paper for her background.  I didn't have the time (or patience!) to do that, but I did remember I had lots of rainbow printed paper from Waffle Flower that I could use.  I chose this one and adhered it to the card base.  I die cut the image from white card stock and adhered it over the rainbow paper.  Then I needed a fence, so I found this slimline fence die from Honey Bee and cut it to size and adhered it over the die.  I think it looks like it belongs!  I added the foiled sentiment from Pink Fresh and some crystals.  I love this card!  I'm sending it to my niece who will start a new nursing position with our local Veteran's hospital next week.  I think the sentiment is fitting.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new November guest, Karren Johnson, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Karren!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, JJ's Rainbow (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Girl with Kite (Hero Arts), Horizon Slimline Borders (Honey Bee), foiled sentiments (Pink Fresh), crystals


11 comments:

Carol said...

What a fun celebratory card for your niece! The white elements are a fresh idea in front of the rainbow in the background! Love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fantastic card for your niece! I love that rainbow background with the white tree, fence and little girl flying the kite. Beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Total fun card! Very Spring time :)

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with the white silhouette die cuts over the beautiful rainbow sky!

Nancy said...

Fun, I love all the color!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE!

Bobby said...

I love your colorful card and I'm sure your niece will too, Lisa.

Ina G said...

What a fun and colourful card Lisa. Love the girl with the kite die.

cm said...

Your niece will love this card, as do I! The patterned paper is a perfect background for your pretty white die cut images!
hugs~carol

Karren said...

This is beautiful - so bright and cheery and perfect for a woohoo card! I'm so happy to be playing along with the team this month.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa...I really thought you had pieced the background! Love it. Such a brilliant way to feature a silhouette.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin