Saturday, October 29, 2022

Just Us Girls #656 - Holiday Gift Tags

Hello everyone!  It's getting to be THAT time of the year!  The holidays are literally right around the corner.  Carol Mc has the perfect Wild Card challenge for us over at Just Us Girls...Holiday Gift Tags. 

I love making tags, but I hate when I see them get thrown out with the crumpled wrapping paper!  I don't usually put this much time into them, but I got carried away!  This is a Papertrey Ink tag set that I've had forever.  I'm not even sure it's still available.  I die cut it from white card stock and colored the ornaments with copic markers.  Then I had the idea to make it into a flat shaker, so I die cut another from white for the back and the top from white glitter card stock (which you can't see in the photo).  On the top one, I cut out the ornaments.  I added the clear pieces to the bottom and middle layers and added diamond dust glitter in between and adhered them together.  Then I adhered the white glitter piece on top.  I added the ribbon and die cut sentiment to finish it off.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest, Lynne Jardine, on the JUGs blog.  This is Lynne's last week sharing her beautiful designs with us.  Thanks Lynne!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, red, white glitter
Ink:  Copic markers
Accessories:  Christmas Cut Tag die (PTI), Winter Words die (Reverse Confetti), diamond dust, ribbon


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... absolutely brilliant idea for a flat shaker... LOVE IT! I won't forget this technique...thx!

Nancy said...

So good and perfectly staged and photographed. Love the gingham ribbon!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh WOW, this is brilliant Lisa!! I hope the lucky recipient keeps it to hang it on their Christmas tree next year, it's waaaay too nice to throw out with the wrappers!

Carol said...

LOVE this shaker tag with your coloring and festive gingham ribbon! The flat shaker is something I want to try now! Great tag for our challenge this week!

Lisa Elton said...

I like how festive this is! Fantastic tag, Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute! Love the hanging ornaments :)

baileyrosy.com said...

Fantastic tag and so pretty as a flat shaker such a great idea.

Marie

Bobby said...

That diamond glitter makes it look like a frosted window pane, Lisa. And ornaments within an ornament. So clever and colorful.

cm said...

Lisa, your flat shaker ornament tag is soooo pretty! I agree with Bobby - the diamond glitter is a lovely 'frosty' touch!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Wow! what a spectacular tag Lisa. It has all come together so perfectly. Love the ribbon. It's a keeper for sure!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin