Saturday, October 22, 2022

Just Us Girls #655 - Photo Week

Hi friends!  Cecile has chosen a beautiful photo for the current Just Us Girls Photo Week challenge.  It's really so her style!  I love it!
 

I saw that feathery thing and immediately thought of this wheat image I just got last week at my LSS.  It's from Penny Black and is red rubber, so I used my much unused Tombow markers to color it.  I started with a gold color on the entire image, then used medium and dark brown markers to add shading.  It's a 5x7 card because the image is so big, and it looked too white.  I pulled out another red rubber background stamp and stamped over the image with antique linen oxide ink.  I added the die sentiment, which was stacked three times for dimension, and brown crystals.  I also rounded the right corners for some extra interest.
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Gilded Wheat (Penny Black), Script Bold Prints bg (Hero Arts)
Paper:  White, mustard, brown
Ink:  Antique linen oxide, Tombow markers
Accessories:  Big Hugs die (Memory Box), crystals, corner rounder


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... so loving those stalks of wheat! They will be dynamite for Thanksgiving.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've colored the wheat! Terrific card, Lisa!

Carol said...

Your details and steps taken to make this beauty were well worth it! I wish I could see this in person! Love how you were inspired by Cécile's photo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So lovely! The "glimmer" look is amazing

cm said...

The 'feathery thing' that caught your eye certainly transformed into a lovely sheaf of wheat! Beautiful...and now you've sparked long ago memories of time spent on my grandparents' farm, wandering the wheat field...
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

That stalk of wheat is fantastic, Lisa, and the background stamp adds lots of interest.

Nancy said...

Beautiful card and I can only imagine how it looks in real life. Well done!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That wheat stalk looks amazing the way you colored it and I love the subtle script background. I love how the photo inspired you on this beautiful creation!

Ina G said...

Beautifully coloured wheat stalks Lisa. Nice soft background and die cut sentiment just finishes this card off perfectly.

Cécile RIBON said...

This wheat image is beautiful and I love how you colored it in various shades.It makes such a great take on the inspiration photo.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin