Saturday, January 7, 2023

Just Us Girls #661 - Color Week

Hello friends!  Happy New Year!  I hope your holidays were wonderful.

Just Us Girls is back from a month long hiatus and the first challenge of the year is Color Week and I'm the hostess.  I hope you like the colors I chose! 

I wanted to used snowflakes for this challenge and have been mulling it over for a while.  I found this layered snowflake from the now defunct Reverse Confetti.  I started by die cutting the backing piece from white, the next layer from dark blue, and added the accents in light blue and dark blue.  I added shimmer to it and then a white pearl to the center.  I used a snowflake stencil with tumbled glass ink on the background piece.  I die cut that piece with a stitched rectangle then with a thin frame die.  I also die cut the thin frame from navy cardstock and added it to the background.  The sentiment was stamped with Juniper ink.  My niece's birthday is next week, so this will be sent to her.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for January, Jules Peddicord, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Jules!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Hills (PTI)
Paper:  White, navy, light blue
Ink:  Tumbled glass oxide, juniper mist (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Layered Snowflake dies (Reverse Confetti), stitched rectangle (MFT), thin frames (SSS), snowflake stencil (PPP), shimmer, pearl



10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great choice of colors this week! Your snowflake looks terrific

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... fab bday card! I know that Papertrey set... and love it.

Carol said...

The soft snowflakes in the background are so pretty!!! And the die cut one is really nice too!!!

Lisa Elton said...

A wonderful way to send winter birthday wishes! I love that the soft snowflakes in the background let the big beauty in the front shine!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love that big, layered snowflake and LOVE how you stenciled the soft blue snowflakes on the background and adding the frame for this awesome look! Great choice of colors for our challenge!

Bobby said...

I'm glad you picked these colors, Lisa. It gave both of us a chance to use our layered snowflakes. I love the one you chose.

JulieP said...

Love your snowflake and what a great way to use something nontraditional for a birthday!!!

Nancy said...

Very pretty card, Lisa and I loved your color pallette! Happy New Year too!

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is stunning. Love the layout and fabulous layers of blues. Loved the colour choice.

Rosemary said...

Love that gorgeous snowflake!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin