Saturday, January 14, 2023

Just Us Girls #662 - Word Week

Hi everyone!  It's Word Week over at Just Us Girls and Sue has chosen an appropriate word for the upcoming holiday in a few weeks:  HEART. 

I don't know about you, but I love stencils!  I chose to use this layering stencil from Trinity Stamps. I started with the largest heart stencil and the lightest pink and worked my way down to the smallest heart stencil and the darkest pink.  The stencils perfectly layer on top of each other to get this effect.  I die cut it with a stitched rectangle so the heart was coming off the edge.  Then I stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder for some shine and die cut it.  I die cut it two more times and layered it for dimension.  I added this panel to a pink panel and added crystals to finish it off.  

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our January guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Love & Hugs (Taylored Expressions)
Paper:  White and pink
Ink:  Versafine onyx black; ballet slipper, sparkling rose, bubble gum, raspberry bliss
Accessories:  Layered Hearts stencils (Trinity Stamps), Love & Hugs die (TE), stitched rectangles (MFT), clear embossing powder, crystals


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... stenciling magic...love it!

JulieP said...

Love the off the edge concentric design!!! Perfect way to use those awesome stencils. Very fun!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a terrific stencil and I like the colors you used! Pretty card, Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What fun stenciled hearts! Lucky recipient for sure :)

Nancy said...

Awesome, Awesome, card! You always impress me!

Carol said...

Gorgeous! Your stenciling is perfect!!!!! Very pretty card for our challenge! It makes me want to shop for more stencils!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those layered and stenciled hearts! Great graduation of colors, looks like it is beating. Love your layout, too.

Ina G said...

I can see a heartbeat here with the beautiful shades of pink. Super bold sentiment and nice bling.

cm said...

Your stenciled hearts are ever so pretty; love the shades of pink! And the sentiment is perfect! TE sentiment stamps/dies on my wish list!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

I love the different colors in your heart, Lisa, and how it's off-centerd on the card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin