Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Almost Wild Bananas?

Crazy title, huh? Making you think? Well, think no more. That is the color challenge (my version). It was supposed to be Almost Wild Saffron, but I goofed and used Barely Banana instead of So Saffron. I don't think the SCS Color Challenge police will be handing out tickets! (LOL!)

As I was sitting there watching TV, I was pondering how I was going to do this color challenge and combine it with today's sketch challenge. I was watching an old episode of Two and a Half Men. It's the one with Denise Richards in it (the then Mrs. Charlie Sheen). They even had their actual daughter, Sam, in the episode as well. In the bedroom scene, I noticed the room was painted in an amethyst color and guess what the accents were? You got it...yellow and green! I couldn't believe it! The curtains were sort of a chintz pattern in a cream color with yellow and amethyst flowers with green leaves! So there you have it! My inspiration! And here is my card.

I tried to find a flower that was soft and resembled a chintz pattern. I came up with a retired SU set called Simple Sketches. It's actually a 3-step stamp and I used the middle stamp for this. It was just soft and "sketchy" enough to give me the look I wanted. The base of the card looked bare, so I took the same stamp and used Versamark to give the background some life. I did the same to the wasabi strip. The yellow scallop piece was run through the cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes folder. The main image is on dimensionals. The pearls on the wasabi stripe are from Hero Arts, and the larger one in the middle of the prima flower is from Martha Stewart's collection. I left off a sentiment...this could be used for pretty much any occasion. Thanks for stopping by! I noticed I have over 5,000 hits on my blog so far! Thanks so much for looking!
Recipe
Stamps: Simple Sketches
Paper: Almost amethyst, wild wasabi, barely banana, vintage cream (PTI)
Ink: Almost amethyst, wild wasabi, barely banana, Versamark
Accessories: Pearls, dimensionals, cuttlebug and Distressed Stripes folder, nestabilities, Prima flower

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

glad to have foundyour blog! Your card is just beautiful. I need that distressed stripes embossing folder!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty card; that set was one of my favorites, I think I may have it still around somewhere! You did a good job with the color challenge!
LeAnne

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Lisa!!! Love the colors together and the added flower is the perfect touch!!!

diane zechman said...

very pretty! This used to be one of my favorite sets and I haven't used it for a long time.

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin