Sunday, July 13, 2008

Super Star Birthday


Today our nephew turned 18 years old! It's hard to believe, but he is 18...and a super star! He is a really nice, goofy kid and everyone loves Mark. I'm calling him a "super star" for a few reasons. First of all, he's an excellent athlete, especially on the track. He and his team have broken many a record and he is very passionate about this sport. Second he is well-liked by all, even his classmates. So much so that he and his girlfriend were nominated King and Queen at their prom. He had this silly crown that looked like the Burger King crown. He paraded that thing around at his graduation party and was disappointed to learn that he had to return the crown (goofy, I tell ya)! And third, he is going to Fredonia State College and is going to be on the track team there. He's just had a phenominal couple of years and we are very proud of him! So, I had stars in mind when deciding on what to make for his birthday card. This is what I came up with. I started with PTI's Text Boxed set. I stamped it in Real Red on white and mounted it on red then certainly celery. I took the colors from the Cosmo Cricket Broadwith patterned paper. The card base is Blue Bayou. The sentiment is from Limitless Labels (PTI) and the numbers from Ambassador Monogram (also PTI). I was wishing I had SU's star punch...now on my list! I used the circle Nestabilities (no scallops or ribbon for this "masculine" card). The star brads I just picked up the other day at Jo Ann's for a buck ( on their dollar rack). I also finished off the inside of the card with a strip of the dp, a few stars, and the sentiment. Mark and everyone liked this card and I hope you do as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe

Stamps: Text Boxed, Limitless Labels, Ambassador Monogram (all PTI)

Paper: Blue bayou, certainly celery, real red, white, Cosmo Cricket Broadwith

Ink: Real red

Accessories: Star brads, nestabilities, dimensionals

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Lisa - I bet your nephew loved his card!!! Its super awesome!!!

BTW - love your doggy too - the picture of you both is very cute!!! I'm glad we have *Luke* now....he makes me smile again!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin