Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Serene Spring

My husband needed a sympathy card for someone at work, so I decided to use today's sketch challenge SC186 and this new SU set called Serene Spring. I used Prismacolor pencils to color this image. I'm just noticing that it is not straight...it's sort of crooked! That really bothers me, but it's late and I'm not redoing it! This was difficult for me to do because I wanted it to be a little more masculine even with the flowers, bird and butterfly. The base of the card is sage shadow and I used the diamond cb folder. I also highlighted the embossed diamonds with some rub on metalic paste to give it some sheen. I wanted to start using up some older dp, so I used Outlaw. I like the image, but I'm really not crazy about the card. It really does look better in person (they always do!). Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Serene Spring, Simple Little Things (PTI sentiment)
Paper: Sage shadow, chocolate chip, really rust, vanilla, Outlaw dp
Ink: Adirondack espresso
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, cb and folder, metalic rub on paste, dimensionals, word window punch, white gel pen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin