Friday, December 4, 2009

Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peek Day 1

Happy Friday everyone! Today is the first day of sneak peeks of the new releases from Paper Makeup Stamps. I'm really excited about this one, because I love the theme of this whole release. You'll see what I mean and I think you'll agree.

Today we are showing a new set called Sailing By. I love sailboats and everything about the water. I must get it from my dad...he was a sailor in the Navy during WWII. Anyway, here is my card.

Included in this set are two sailboats (this is the larger of the two), two anchors in differents sizes, a light house, and five sentiments. I just think this one is so clever...friend-ship! Cute, huh? I chose to paper piece this because it is a line image, which is perfect for paper piecing. I found a woodgrain dp in SU's Autumn Meadows pack for the boat. I liked the dotted paper for the sails. I used a Fiskars wave punch for the bottom. I had purchased this before I saw this set, and was thrilled to be able to actually use it! This sort of reminds me of a plaque with the woodgrain circle and the brass embellishments (these are from the jewelry department). I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch as my starting point, but added the square inside the circle.

So to see the entire set, stop by the PMS blog. The girls have some fabulous creations to share with you. We'll be having peeks through Sunday, and then Monday is our Blog Hop and Release Party in the evening. Hope to see you here again tomorrow...we'll be sneaking the new fairies and you won't want to miss them! Thanks for stopping in today!
Recipe
Stamps: Sailing By (PMS)
Paper: Neenah white, chocolate chip, Autumn Meadows dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, baja breeze, creamy caramel
Copic Markers: E99; BG01, 05
Accessories: Nesties, Fiskars wave punch, tag die, ribbon, jewelry accents, star dust stickles, dimensionals

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, I LOVE this! Miss you sweetie!

Tina said...

This is awesome! Great papers too, just perfect.

Katie Cotton said...

SO stunning! I love how you paperpieced the boat!

Michelle VP said...

What great DP for paper piecing this boat! Love the friend-ship saying too - perfect! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin