Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mother-in-Law

Just a quick post today to show you the card I made for my MIL's birthday. Her birthday is just 3 days after mine and always jokes that she had the month all to herself until I came along! I made this card really quickly today because I didn't think I was going to see her until Sunday, but we decided last minute to go out for dinner and then have cake later. I chose this paper from a K&Co. pack called Madeline. The side was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The doily is actually created with the Parisian Lace Doily die from PTI. I cut it out of white cardstock, then distressed it with Ranger's Tea Dye ink. The image is from Flourishes new set called April Showers. I stamped it on white cardstock, colored it, cut it out and embossed it with a nestie die, and then distressed it as well. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from a My Time Made Easy set called So Sentimental. The "Mom" sentiment is from another new set from Flourishes called Motherly Love. I die cut a Spellbinder's Fancy Tag for the sentiment. I added stickles to the tulips.

She loved the card and I hope you do too! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Judy said...

Lisa,
this is so pretty. I bet your MIL was very happy.
Have a great day

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! What a lucky MIL!!!

Anne Tussing said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring and the distressing is so pretty:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Just GORGEOUS!! Happy Easter!!~

Andrea M said...

WOW! Just AMAZINGLY beautiful Lisa!!! Perfectly colored image in the doily! I'm sure your MIL must have loved it!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin