Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My First Submissions (and Rejects!)

Hi everyone!  I finally broke down earlier this month and submitted some cards to Paper Crafts Magazine.  They had a call for baby silhouettes, and Paper Makeup Stamps was releasing some baby silhouettes that same month!  Serendipity...or so I thought! 

So a-crafting I went and submitted two cards.  I used the newly released Shelby Fairy Silhouette.  This first one was created and sent off without even thinking about it!  It was like pulling the bandaid off quickly!  When I took another look at it a little later on, I thought that this one would not be picked up.  While I really like it, I thought it was a little blah...I could have added more black layers to make the dp pop a little more.  I do like the ribbon treatment, though.

But the with the next one, I took more time and thought this one just might get picked up.  Alas, it wasn't!  But I really like this black, hot pink, and kraft combo!  I think this is Graphic 45 paper (I didn't write it down cause I listed all my supplies when I submitted it.)  I thought the text printed on the flower was a nice match to the print on the dp.

So I guess I was a little naive, but I think I'll try again when the next call suits my crafting style.  What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by!



Lynn said...

Lisa, You keep on submitting! Both of these are beautiful especially the second one. I love the pop of pink! Submitting for me is hit or keep on going! Your creations are gorgeous.

Tangii said...

I love them both! They are both just perfect in my opinion :) You are right, that printed flower is just perfect with that paper :) Keep your chin up and absolutely keep submitting! I think it's high time I try myself :)

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Well, you KNOW I am a fan of your creations and both of these are darling. I have no doubt you'll be picked up sooner or later; it's all in the timing I guess. I will look forward to hearing when it works out so keep those cards submitted when it suits you!!

Katie Cotton said...

well i LOVE them and they were fools for not taking them! :D


Blog Widget by LinkWithin