Friday, January 6, 2012

My Time Made Easy Preview Day 1 - Hey Cupcake!

Hi everyone!  It's finally time for previews for the new release from My Time Made Easy.  Lauren made our lives "easier" this month by delaying the release a week because of the holidays (thank you Lauren!).  We have two new templates, two new digital stamp sets, two new cut files, and a bunch of new digital paper!  These will all be released on Sunday, January 8th.

Today, we are previewing the Hey Cupcake template.  As the name implies, its intended use is to hold two cupcakes.  There is an insert that goes in the box that will house two cupcakes or even jar candles.  I've chosen to do something a little different with it.  When I looked at it (and when I saw this image/sentiment in the Sweet Sentiments digital stamp set), I thought treasure chest!  I don't know if I've done a good job at making it look like a treasure chest, but I do like the way it looks.
I made the base of the template from Island Indigo cardstock and the top is from vanilla cardstock.  I chose the Doilies paper from the new Minty Chocolate digital paper pack for the decorative panel on the lid of the box.  I took some brown satin ribbon and put an aged copper slide on it to make it look like the closure.  I filled it with these chocolate coins for my "treasure"!
This heart with sentiment image is what got me thinking of a treasure chest.  I printed it out on vanilla cardstock, colored it with copics, cut it out, and added some Star Dust stickles around the edge.  The heart paper is also from the new Minty Chocolate paper pack.  I used the same Island Indigo cardstock and brown satin ribbon as the box.  I also added some of the stickles to the one heart on the left side.  It looks real sparkly in person.
The card uses the sketch from Card Positioning Systems.

Stop by the following DT blogs to see what they have created with the new products from MTME.


The January release will be on Sunday, January 8th.  You'll have everything you'll need to create your own wonderful projects immediately...no waiting!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love the treasure chest idea. Thanks!!

Cheryl said...

Love the new box!! It makes a great treasure test! As always your set is perfectly coordinated!!
C.

Penny said...

I love how you turned into a treasure chest, such a good idea!

Crystal said...

SUPER CUTE set, I LOVE the treasure chest!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! The colors are fabulous and the "theme" rocks! Gold coins... too cute :)

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Clever, clever, Lisa. Love the vision you had for this set. Just perfect, and it does look just like a treasure chest. Beautifully done.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin