Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pretty Palette #43

Hello my friends!  Today is Sunday which means we have another Pretty Palette challenge for you from My Time Made Easy.  I just love the colors for this week...pink,white, and navy.  Such a classy color palette!
My card for this palette began with the digi paper from My Time Made Easy.  I used three different paper packs for this and did something I've never done before.  I created my own striped pattern paper!  The blue patterns are from Tea Parlor Plum's Silent Night pack, the pink gingham is from Ga Ga for Gingham, and the other pink one is from the new Candy Kisses pack.  I inserted them into a Word document, cropped each one to 7"x1.5" and just stacked them next to each other.  I wish my sewing machine worked better so I could have run a zig-zag stitch between each one, but it just isn't working properly.

The paper with the tea cups on it was the inspiration for my card.   I love the A Spot of Tea stamp set and coordinating A Spot of Tea Pretty Pieces Cut file.  I cut the tea cup using the cut file, then stamped the outline of the tea cup in Night of Navy ink.  I then stamped the floral design in navy also, then inked the coordinating flowers and leaves in pink and green.  The sentiment is from the same set and is also stamped in navy.  I added the Martha Stewart flowers and a partial pearl flourish I had to mimic steam coming from the cup.  The pink base was scalloped on the left side with a border punch and I added a pretty pink dotted ribbon to finish it off.
This sketch from Card Patterns was the inspiration for the four different pattern panels I created.  What a lovely sketch!
Stop by the MTME blog to see what the Pretty Palette design team has created with these colors.  We have a new member, Jacki Randolph, joining us!  We are so happy to have her on board!  Welcome Jacki!  Here are links to their blogs. 


Thanks for stopping by!  It's a longer weekend for me with Martin Luther King day tomorrow.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Recipe
Stamps:  A Spot of Tea (MTME)
Paper:  Neenah white, pink pirouette, Tea Parlor Plum's Silent Night, Ga Ga for Gingham, Candy Kisses (all MTME)
Ink:  Night of Navy, Pretty in Pink, Garden Green
Accessories:  A Spot of Tea Pretty Pieces cut file (MTME), pearl flourish (Want 2 Scrap), roses (Martha Stewart), scallop border punch, dotted ribbon, dimensionals
Photobucket

9 comments:

AdoraBella said...

This is one amazing girly card! The colors are lovely and I adore your pretty tea cup with those roses and swirls on it! And pink dotted ribbon is the perfect addition to this loveliness!
Hugs
- Maria

Crystal said...

OOOOOOO Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Lisa!

Diane Louise J said...

This is such a gorgeous card, love the papers and your teacup :o)
Love Diane xx

krcmasterpiece said...

LOVE your card-the tea cup, the paper & the ribbon. Very nice.

Cheryl said...

I LOoooove navy and pink together!! Your card is a stunning example!!
Have a great day off! I'm stamping!! YOu?

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi

What a gorgeous card - love it!

Tina

diane zechman said...

Very pretty, Lisa! Love those colors.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Lisa, this is really pretty! It's got class and elegance, and I love the black and pink combo.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog for JUGS!

Clare said...

Fabulous, really elegant! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin