Saturday, October 11, 2014

Just Us Girls #262 - Trend Week

Happy Columbus Day weekend!  I have Monday off and I'm planning on going to a craft show at Letchworth State Park here in NY state.  They have a really great one all weekend, and I like going on Monday because it's not as crowded.  I'm going to take my niece, Maria, with me too so it will be a nice day.
 
So this week is Trend Week over at Just Us Girls and Sue T. chose the ombre technique.  Love this one!  On a sad note, Sue T. is stepping down as a designer at JUGs.  We will certainly miss her, but understand life comes first!  Best wishes to you my friend!
 
I used Gelatos on a piece of watercolor paper in blue, green, and lime green.  Then I added water.  The blue and the green look splotchy.  I don't know why because I used the smooth side of the paper.  Oh well, I think it looks cool.  Then I die cut it with the plate.  To keep the same texture of the paper, I die cue just the rectangle once again from the watercolor paper and stamped the sentiment.  I colored it with lime green and blue copic markers and added enamel dots.  The die cut was adhered to a piece of pattern paper. 
 
You can see more from the design team and our Guest Designer on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for visiting today!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Big Bold Birthday, Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Recollections white, Lime Rickey (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versafine onyx black, Gelatos:  blueberry, green tea, margarita
Accessories:  Party Banner cutting plate (TE), enamel dots
 

Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to see how you pulled off the challenge with your banner die! Pulled it off VERY well!
Love the card!
Enjoy the craft show-I didn't know it went through Monday!
We're headed for one at Peak N Peak today!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun use of this banner! Have a great time at the craft fair!

Gerrina said...

Great DP! Reminds me a little bit of the work of Klimt! Great card! Hugs, Gerrina

Becca Cruger said...

This sentiment just cracks me up! So cute! At first glance, I thought this was rows and rows of lit up houses, but now I see that it's banners. I love the little trick of the eye!

Ina G said...

I agree with Becca - at first it does look like rows of houses lol
What a fabulous way of showcasing the ombre effect for tis weeks challenge. Simply dazzling. Great sentiment.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is fabulous! I've never tried Gelatos, but it is now on my list of things I need to buy. lol Love the colors on this!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a unique and creative background! Love the look!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love that background with the texture! Those banners are awesome.

sue t. said...

I soooo have to get me some gelatos!! I love those ombred banners. great job! Thanks for the kind comments!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Like Becca, iI saw the negative space and thought it was a village transforming from sunny to dusky:). Either way its cute as can be, Lisa.

Nancy said...

This is a home run Lisa! LOVE IT!!!!

Chris Dring said...

This is soooo cool! Love the ombre banners, and now I need that plate!

Hope you got lots of goodies at the craft show!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin