Saturday, October 25, 2014

Just Us Girls #264 - Photo Week

Hi everyone!  I'm a little late getting my post up this morning for the Just Us Girls challenge.  Maria chose this fabulous picture for our photo challenge.
 
Here's a close-up of the photo so you can see more details.
 
I've had this stamp for about two years and it's never seen ink.  I saw it at my LSS when I was there with my friend and fellow JUGs teammate Cheryl.  It's from Northwoods and they have the most amazing boards to show the use of the stamps.  They are so bright and glittery and we just can't figure out how they get them that way!  I don't know if I've done it justice, but I was pressed for time!  I colored the pumpkin with copics and added some Wink of Stella shimmer over the top.  I cut it out and mounted it on an angled piece of gray cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with white powder.  Then I mounted the main piece on top with dimensional tape.  The black piece looked bare, so I added the stitching and the enamel dots.
 
You can see more from the JUGs DT on the blogs below.  We'd also like to thank Wanda Cullen for being a great guest this week!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Pumpkin (Northwoods), Mr. Bones (PTI)
Paper:  X-Press It Blending Card, black, gray, pumpkin pie
Ink:  Versamark, Memento tuxedo black, copics
Accessories:  Tipped tops die (PTI), Wink of Stella shimmer, enamel dots, white ep, dimensional tape


Photobucket

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love what you used as bg paper - perfect with your fun pumpkin!

Gerrina said...

What a super halloween card! The details and the design'it all is super! Enjoy your weekend, Gerrina

Ina G said...


Fabulous layout Lisa and your pumpkin certainly makes you smile. Great halloween card.

Nancy said...

Really love this card.... I could never have come up with this so quickly!!! Fantastic job!!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun card! I love that stamp....so cute.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the newsprint under the carved pumpkin! Such a great design. Love the stitching and the sprinkling of enamel dots. It certainly doesn't look like you were pressed for time.

Chris Dring said...

Fabulous card, Lisa! What a fantastic image, beautifully colored and I like how the grey panel is on an angle. Great final touch with the stitching and dots!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin