Saturday, October 18, 2014

Just Us Girls #263 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  I'm the hostess this week over at Just Us Girls and I've got an interesting color combo for our Color Week.  I hope you like it!
 
I've been enamored with Kristina Werner's colorful backgrounds lately.  (You'll see another one tomorrow!)  I used distress inks and a blender tool to achieve the background.  I then die cut the ghosts.  The large one is on a wobble, and they are covered with Wink of Stella shimmer.  I die cut the word from black and white card stock and stacked them.  The black alone got lost on the dark background, so I add the white behind it and it solved the problem.  I then added some Wink of Stella shimmer on it and topped it off with Glossy Accents.  A white gel pen created the stars (too many I think!).  Since the ghosts had stitched edges, I added the white stitching around the perimeter of the scene. 

  
You can see more on these blogs from our DT and our October guest designer.
 
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Boo and Faces (Lil' Inkers)
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  Pealed paint, dusty concord, chipped sapphire distress inks, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Stitched ghosts die and Spooky die (Lil' Inkers), wobbler, signo white gel pen, glossy accents, Wink of Stella shimmer


Photobucket

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can't believe I didn't think of Halloween when you gave me these colors! Your card is super!
Happy Saturday and happy weekend!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Such a fun Halloween card and a great choice with this color combo. Have a fun weekend!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great Halloween card with those those colors, I love it! The perfect night sky for those cute floating ghosts.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I also loved this color combo -- your H card is so cute with the ghosts and that gorgeous night time sky!

Nancy said...

This might be the best Halloween card I've ever seen....I adore it!! Putting the white behind the black letters really did the trick!!! Great job and great colors!!!

Alanna said...

Super cute and your background looks amazing.

Ina G said...

Scary card Lisa lol. Fabulous layout for our colour challenge this week. Great touch with the stitching and love the stars.

sandie said...

What a fab and unusual combo and what a stunning night sky x

Chris Dring said...

OMG! I never even considered a Halloween card using these colors! Your card is absolutely brilliant!

Gerrina said...

This looks great with those colours! You made a really spooky scene! Hugs, Gerrina

Maria said...

This is so awesomely spooky! LOVE IT!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin