Saturday, September 5, 2015

Just Us Girls #309 - Word Week

Hi friends!  I'm the hostess this week over at Just Us Girls for our Word Week challenge.  I chose the word APPLE because school is starting up and I thought it was appropriate.
 
I wasn't sure what I had in apple stamps, so this was a challenge for me!  I did have PTI's Teacher's Apple stamps set, so I put that one to use (and it's never seen ink either!).  Very simple card.  Everything is stamped.  I popped up the banner and main panel with fun foam.  The front of the card base was given some texture with a linen impression plate.  I like the sentiment...I thought I'd give my profession a shout-out.  We sometimes are given a bad rap! ;-)
 
 I chose to use the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new guest for September, Melissa Dawn Lane on the Just Us Girls blog
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Teacher's Apple (PTI), Freehand Border - Small (Rubbernecker)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red, old olive
Ink: Versamark, Versafine onyx black, real red, kiwi kiss
Accessories:  Linen impression plate (PTI), Banner trio die (WP9), button, twine, white ep, fun foam
 

Photobucket

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Clean and perfect. Love the traditional color combo and the fun stamped border

Cheryl said...

Great card and great challenge, Lisa! Love how you are using our new stamped, scribbled border stamps! Such a perfect fit!
Great card and IMHO teachers deserve that shout out! Have a good weekend!

Chris Dring said...

Teachers Rock!!! I totally support the swap of income of teachers with the income of profession athletes!!!! Your card is all kinds of amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a perfect saying and SO TRUE! Fun card~

Barbara said...

I love the sentiment on your beautiful apple card. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is a super card, Lisa. I love how you used the sketch. I love the clean lines and the sentiment is perfect.

Jen Timko said...

That sentiment is simply awesome!! And what a cute little apple! Fabulous card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that paper pieced apple and your use of that sketch! Teachers are awesome and deserve our respect. Perfect sentiment!

Nancy said...

You and your awesome card deserve a huge shoutout! Have a great long weekend! Great challenge too!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Such a pretty card! Teachers are awesome! Thanks so much for all you do.

Amy O said...

Crisp and clean! Love the sentiment and the doodled edges. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Ina G said...

Simply stunning. Simply fabulous CAS card and boy it sure packs a punch. Love it Lisa!

Gerrina said...

What a good sketch for these elements! And stunning to see how you use so many and still manage to keep it CAS! Hugs, Gerrina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin