Saturday, September 12, 2015

Just Us Girls #310 - Trend Week

I'm a little late getting this post up, but better late than never, right?  This week's challenge over at Just Us Girls is a Trend challenge.  Cheryl chose balloons as the trend.  We've been seeing the all over blog land!  Great choice!
 
I pulled out my Blueprints 26 for this challenge and used their sketch for my card.  I die cut the balloons four times - twice from white cardstock and then from the orange and orchid glitter paper.  The glitter paper is very thin, so I adhered it to the white cardstock. The orange balloon is popped up on fun foam. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. 
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest, Melissa Dawn Lane on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, Plaid Patterns (MFT), Glitter Paper (American Crafts)
Accessories:  Blueprints 26 dies, fun foam


Photobucket

7 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is super cute! I love the glittery purple balloon!

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Love the colors and the fun plaid! This is such a pretty design.

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely, Lisa. The orange and purple color combination works really well. I like the die cut sentiment & the plaid bg paper is striking.

Cheryl said...

Worth waiting for! I love this, Lisa! Bet the sparkle IRL is spectacular!
Great colors to coordinate with your paper! Super card!

Ina said...

Gorgeous balloons great background and layout. Such pretty paper.

Gerrina said...

Such a happy-bright card! Love how you combined the balloons with the DP! Hugs, Gerrina

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your design and color combo! Those big, sparkly balloons are fantastic and the patterned happy, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin