Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!  I'm celebrating my father-in-law and remembering my dad today.   We are taking my FIL to our cabin for a relaxing day of visiting and cooking out.
 
I made this card for him.  This is such a cute set and I thought about this card all day yesterday.  It should have been a super easy card to create, right?  Well it is if you use the right inks.  I thought at first that I'd use Catherine Pooler inks, but they were too juicy and the patterns on the stamps were lost.  (And I did give them the "love taps" she suggests!)  I think this finished panel is my third try!  So then I moved on to inks by SSS, PTI, and Altenew.  These worked much better.  And the bowties came to life when I stamped the black creases on them.  Such a cute image!  I die cut both the stamped panel and black panel with MFT's stitched rectangle dies.  The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder on black cardstock.
 
I hope you have a very nice day with your loved ones!  Here's a picture of my dad and me in 1986 at my friend's wedding (I was a bridesmaid).  It was the last photo we took together.  He passed away in 1994 from complications of Alzheimer's.  Miss him so much every day!
 
 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Dapper Chap (PTI)
Paper: Recollections white, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, spring rain (SSS), Hawaiian shores (PTI), lagoon (Altenew)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT) 


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love the picture of you and your dad! So sweet! And the extra tries were worth it on your card Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin