Thursday, April 23, 2020

Time Out #160 - Home Sweet Home Photo Inspiration

Hello!  There's a new Time Out challenge and this month is our Home Sweet Home photo inspiration challenge.  This photo is so cool, and there is so much inspiration to get from it.
 
My eyes went to the wreath on the window.  If you look closely, you will see there are bees on the wreath.  So that's what I went with.  I pulled out an old My Time Made Easy set (now defunct) that had bees in it and chose this one.  I used the wreath builder set to create the wreath and started with the bee.  I stamped it four times then filled it in with leaves, branches, flowers, and berries.  I colored in the bees with copic markers and added shimmer to the wings.  That panel was added to a black mat.  I don't like plain white card bases, so I ran it through an impression plate in a canvas pattern.  To finish off the card, I added a twine bow and crystals.
 
The sponsor for this challenge is Uniko.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Ana, on the
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Bee-Loved (My Time Made Easy, Wreath Builder (Gina K)
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  Amalgam black, sno cone (MFT), sauna, eucalyptus, spruce (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Wreath builder stencil, canvas impression plate (PTI), crystals, shimmer, twine, craft foam 


6 comments:

sandie said...

Gosh I so missed the bees from the photo! Good spot! And I just love how you built up this wreath-fab mixture of shades of colour and super idea to use the black base. Fab card x

ElizStewart said...

So love your design... pulled me in right away! Just lovely.

Nonni said...

Wow I never noticed there's bees in the wreath! love this inspiration and the fun, artsy look of your card!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

So delicate and pretty, Lisa! I love the transparent look you achieved with the bees’ wings.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

LOVE this, Lisa. I had not noticed the bees. I so enjoy seeing how people interpret photo inspirations... this is just fantastic.

Nora Noll said...

WOZA!! I LOVE that wreath that you created on this card. The little bees are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin