Saturday, May 16, 2020

Just Us Girls #536 - Color Week

Hello friends!  This week over at Just Us Girls, I'm the hostess for our Color Week.  I chose some fun, bright and cheery colors. 
 
I received this lovely gift from Altenew the other day.  I was pleasantly surprised and decided it would be a great image to use for this week's challenge.
 
I first stamped the image and colored it with copic markers.  Then I used an oval masking stencil over the image and blended some spun sugar ink over the panel, heavier around the image and lighter towards the edges.  Then I die cut it with a scalloped edge die.  I added the sentiment (it's crooked, ugh!) and some sequins.  That panel was popped up with craft foam and added to the base. 
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our May guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Floral image (Altenew), sentiment (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Recollections white, X-Press It
Ink:  Amalgam black, Versafine onyx black, spun sugar, copic markers
Accessories:  Audry Cutaways die (Winnie & Walter), masking oval stencil (TE), sequins, shimmer, star dust stickles, craft foam 


5 comments:

Nancy said...

What a nice gif from Altenew! Love the flower image too! You have done a beautiful job with it! Love the masking idea to leave the center white! I am going to have to remember this! Great job Lisa!

Bobby said...

I love the deep rich colors of your gifted flowers, Lisa.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous and brightly coloured flowers Lisa. Lovely stamp. Great effect with the soft masked framing.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

How fun to receive such an awesome gift! I love that image and your coloring is gorgeous. I really like how you masked the oval around the image and added the soft color.

Deborah Frings said...

Such a lovely card, the flowers are really pretty. Deborah xx

PS what a fabulous gift!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin