Saturday, September 2, 2023

Just Us Girls #695 - Color Week

Hi friends!  The new Just Us Girls challenge is up and this week it's our Color Week challenge.  Lisa E. is our hostess and she has chosen AQUA and APRICOT.  I love these colors!
 


I had so many ideas running in my head, mostly pumpkins, but I instead went with a floral design.  I chose this stencil set from Pink Fresh.  I used only aqua and apricot inks.  I used a lighter hand for the lighter color then a stronger hand to get the darker colors.  I spotted another stencil on my desk, this time a script one.  I decided to stencil over the floral design with a very light gray ink for a different look.  I have to say I love it.  So for the sentiment, I used a sympathy die with a shadow companion die and used a light gray for the shadow.  I added a secondary sentiment with another gray ink.  Crystals were added for sparkle.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new September (how is it September already?) guest, Stephanie Lanzalotto, on the JUGs blog

Welcome Stephanie!  So happy to have you joining us this month!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Moments of Grace (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, apricot, ocean breeze, misty coast, rocky slope
Paper:  White, apricot, gray
Accessories:  Seamless Floral Panel stencils (PF), Script stencil (Hero Arts), With Sympathy die (SSS), stitched rectangle die (MFT), sentence strips die (Gina K), crystals


8 comments:

cm said...

Your pairing of the pretty florals with the script background makes for a lovely sympathy card.
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Ditto what Carol said. Lovely sympathy card

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Lisa! So nice to be crafting with you again. I am thrilled to be designing with you and the JUGs team this month, And yes, how is it September?? Your card is very beautiful and so perfect for a sympathy card. The stenciled flowers are beautifully done. It was a great idea to use the script with the flowers, and that shadowed die cut looks wonderful in whit and gray. A real beauty.

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you went in the floral direction, Lisa! The soft script in the background looks wonderful. This is such a pretty way to send your sympathies!

Carol said...

Pretty stenciling in our colors and the grey accents play so nicely with them! I like using a light hand then a heavier one with the same color like you did. Very pretty card!!!!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you layered those stencils for such a beautiful result! This is perfect for such a difficult occasion. So soft and serene.

Bobby said...

The script stencil added that little extra something to your already lovely card, Lisa.

Ina G said...

Beautiful florals with the bonus of the script for your background Lisa. Lovely sympathy card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin