Saturday, September 16, 2023

Just Us Girls #697 - Mood Board or Photo Week

 Hello all!  This week's Just Us Girls challenge is our Photo or Mood Board challenge.  Carol M. has chosen this fabulous fall mood board.  I love fall!

I loved that leaf in one of the pictures and tried to recreate it.  I sprayed a piece of card stock with three different colors of mica stains:  yellow, red and brown.  I think I have all of them but this is the first time using them.  They are so shimmery!  Once dry, I die cut the leaf from it and die cut it two more times and stacked them for dimension.  For the background, I used a leaf stencil and distress inks to get fall colors.  I wanted something on top of the leaf and chose this cute mouse in a bed of leaves from MFT.  I added the sentiment and pearls.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Harvest Mouse and Piles of Fun (MFT)
Paper:  White
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copics, marigold, clementine, candy apple, doe; Mica Stains: harvest moon, tart cranberry, fallen acorn
Accessories:  Thanksful Leaves die (C&9th), floating leaves stencil (SSS), stitched rectangle die (MFT), pearls


9 comments:

cm said...

Lisa, your stenciled background is so pretty; perfect for your sparkly leaf and adorable mouse. Cuteness, indeed! I've not tried mica sprays yet, but I have two sets of Halloween ones awaiting a play date. Hopefully, I can get good results...
hugs~carol

Carol said...

What a cute mouse on that leaf...and that sentiment is adorable!!! Great work on that leaf too!

Julia Aston said...

A beautifully stenciled background for your textured leaf and sweet mouse sitting in the pile of leaves! Fun sentiment too! Julia xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stenciled background!

Nancy said...

Perfecty-inspired Fall card, Lisa. Love that stencil and sweet mouse. Your gradient leaves look amazing.

Lisa Elton said...

I love this little fella and need to ink him up again! Darling card, Lisa!

Ina G said...

Super fun and super cool. Love that stunning leaf Lisa.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... I have always loved that MFT set...so cute!

Bobby said...

I think I have a panel just like the one you created for your large leaf, Lisa. The mica sprays are lucious. That darling little mouse is having a ball playing in the leaves.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin