Saturday, September 9, 2023

Just Us Girls #696 - Word Week

 Hello!  Bobby has chosen a great word for the Just Us Girls Word Week challenge this week.
MOON
What a great word, considering we just had that beautiful moon in our skies last week!

I really wanted to use my Tim Holtz moon stencil, but in my mess of a craft room I couldn't find it.  Organizing that room is on my to do list!  So while searching, I found this slimline tree stencil from ARTplorations and pulled that along with my newest purchase of this cat.  I'm not a cat person, but when I saw this cat I couldn't resist!  So it took me a minute to figure out how to get the moon in there (this is my second try!).  I first stenciled the trees using a blue ink for the background.  I didn't want to make it too dark because of the black cat, but in hindsight I think it could have been darker.  Then I die cut a circle from a piece of masking paper and, while the stencil was still in place, laid it over the stencil.  I then used yellow and orange inks to get the moon shape.  The cat was die cut and assembled and adhered to the card.  I chose this cute sentiment and embossed it with white embossing powder.  The band on the hat was sparkled up with some star dust stickles and I added some black crystals.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our September guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Sentiment Strips: Halloween (Pretty Pink Posh)
Paper:  White, black, orange
Ink:  Versamark, marigold, clementine, slumber
Accessories:  Beyond the Trees stencil (ARTplorations), Spooky Cat die (SSS), circle die (Spellbinders), stitched rectangles (MFT), white embossing powder, star dust stickles, crystals


10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the cat with the fun moon

Carol said...

This is so sweet and pretty...my favorite style of Halloween. I love that you made the colors softer for that cutie cat to stand out! I am not a cat person either but I totally get why you had to have this one...so cute!!! Great moon card Lisa!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa...Adorable cat!!!

Bobby said...

You figured out the perfect way to get your moon shining through the wonderful stenciled trees, Lisa. Such a great scene with your black cat taking center stage.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the trees stencil and that Halloween moon shining through the branches. The cat is adorable, especially with that wonderful orange hat!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your moon peeking through the trees and that sure is a pretty little cat. Darling card, Lisa!

Nancy said...

This is an adorable card! Love the background so much and the moon is shaded perfectly!! Well done, Lisa!!

cm said...

Super cool the way you stenciled both the trees and the moon; a perfect scene for your Halloween cat. Awesome inspiration!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your stenciling and masking looks amazing! I love your perfect moon shining through the trees and your black cat is so cute.

Ina G said...

Cute cool cat Lisa. Fabulous moon in the background.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin