Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Altered Altoid Tin


The teachers I work with do a Secret Angel gift exchange every year. We choose a teacher's name randomly and leave gifts in their mailboxes (or wherever) for 5 days. On the 5th day, you are also supposed to leave something for your Secret Angel (the person who gave you gifts for the past 5 days) as a "thank you" for the gifts you received. Yesterday was the first day of the exchange, and I didn't do anything "crafty" to post. I just bought a package of lip balm that was very pretty...no need to spiff it up! Today is day 2 and I bought a tin of chocolate covered Altoids. I never tasted them, but my angel, Katie, likes chocolate and I wanted to alter a tin, so that's what I went with! I used SU's Holiday Treasures dp and Pink Pirouette for the scallop. I stamped the initial (from PTI's Ambassador Monogram set) and the little flower (from PTI's oval borders and corners set) in Riding Hood Red. There is pink grosgrain ribbon running around the lid. The Pink Pirouette piece is up on dimensionals. I adhered everything with red-line tape. I get mine at Oriental Trading. It comes in a pack of 3 widths for about $8.00. I bought a bunch of them last year and I think I'm on my last pack. It goes a long way! This is a very simple project to do once you have all the measuring down. I'll have another post tomorrow of the next gift I'm giving to Katie, so please stop by! Happy Holidays!
Recipe
Stamps: Ambassador Monogram Edition and Oval Borders and Corners (PTI)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Holiday Treasures dp
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Pink grosgrain ribbon, red-line tape, dimensionals

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is one of my favorite quick projects to do....small, lots of possibilities for decorating, fun to do! So cute, TFS!
LeAnne
PS: Thanks for the heads up on the redline tape

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin