Friday, December 12, 2008

Joy

Hi everyone! I hope you are not stressing too much this holiday season. I was shopping all last weekend and got a lot done...even some cards! I'm scheduling these cards to post one each day so I have some for you to look at every day instead of posting them all at once! I figured out how to do that recently, so pat me on the back! LOL! When I was going through my Christmas stamps, I came across this set from Darcie's Stamps that I purchased at a stamp show in Buffalo this summer. You can see the post here of all the stuff I bought! I went with Cheryl Rowley and I think we burned a hole in our credit cards! I realized that I had colored an image from this set and was totally happy! You know how happy you feel when all you have to do is find a layout for your card and just put it together? It's a great feeling! The card went together in a snap! I used Amy Rysavy's layout Amyrs45. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link anyone's blog anymore because there is something going on about hijacking blogs...I'm confused about it so I won't link anything unless I know the other person/company is ok with it. I know Cheryl won't mind, right Cheryl?) I used DCWV Christmas Stack again because it was out on my table and PTI's white as my base. This is the only white I've found so far that is heavy enough to use as a base. SU's whisper white is too flimsy. Anyway, I also used green galore and pixie pink for layers and, yes, orange for my snowflakes! Have you ever seen orange snowflakes? Me neither, but I had to bring in the orange somewhere and the snowflakes were it! The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamasol and crystal stickles were added for some shimmer. I also added stickles to the snowflakes and placed some bling in the middle of each one. The sentiment is from SU's The Snowflake Spot (retired). The sentiment on the inside is from the Darcie's set. Hope you like it. Stop by again tomorrow...I have another to show you! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!
Recipe
Stamps: Darcie's Stamps, The Snowflake Spot (SU retired)
Paper: PTI white, pixie pink, green galore, only orange, DCWV Christmas Stack
Ink: Adirondack black, pixie pink
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, gamasol, crystal stickles, bling, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love these colors together! The orange snowflakes are perfect! Hadn't heard there is something up with blog linking! I'm happy to have mine linked by you ANYTIME!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin