Friday, December 19, 2008

A Blue Christmas

I'm home today because of a bad snow storm here in Buffalo, NY. We have our first SNOW DAY!!! I was so happy to get the call at 5:50 a.m. that school was closed! I wasn't feeling well today and was glad to be home! So I'm stamping all day! Woohoo!!

I'm posting this card for a couple of challenges. First of all, today's Limited Supplies challenge on SCS (LSC199) was to do a card mostly in blue. (OK, I just realized that this was a Limited Supplies challenge and not a Ways to Use It challenge. I was supposed to use only one non-paper embellishment. I used two...the ribbon and glitter dots. I'm entering it anyway!) So I went in search of blue paper and found quite a few sheets of this shimmery textured blue paper I got at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, eons ago! It wasn't sturdy enough for a base, so I placed it on top of PTI's white (the only white I'll use as a base). Ialso found this pretty Offray ribbon in my stash that matched so nicely. Then I found out about the Festive Flourishes Friday challenge on Silke's blog (
My Life), and decided to play. It was similar to today's WTC to use blue, but also to use a Flourish stamp. I only have this one, Flourished Christmas, which I love, so I decided to go with the blue, white and silver theme. I stamped the tree and sentiment in Versamark and embossed it in silver (it may look like gold, but it's silver). I also used SU's brushed silver cardstock. The layout is from this week's Sketch challenge on SCS (SC207). I just turned it the other way to accommodate my image. I placed two white glitter dots in the bottom corner and the sentiment was punched with nestabilities. Very easy card to reproduce. I hope you are all snug and safe today if you are experiencing any inclement weather. Enjoy your weekend! I have another post below, so be sure to scroll down!
Recipe
Stamps: Flourished Christmas (Flourishes)
Paper: PTI white, shimmery blue textured (unknown), brushed silver (SU)
Ink: Versamark, black Versafine
Accessories: Offray ribbon, glitter dots, silver ep, dimensionals, nestabilities, corner rounder

SmileyCentral.com

2 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Just beautiful Lisa! So glad you played with us this week!

Cheryl said...

Really beautiful! Love the colrs, ribbon and texture with the embossing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin