Sunday, August 2, 2009

VSN Paper Chef Challenge

Have you ever participated in the VSN challenges on SCS? I only did once before, and I happened upon this one last night called the Paper Chef Challenge and thought I'd give it a go. There were challenges every hour from 5 to 9 and I caught the last called Alergic To.... The challenge was that we could not use any ink, markers, pens, colored pencils, which meant NO COPIC MARKERS for me! WHAT???? And...the card had to be completed within 45 minutes! Wow, this truly was a challenge for me! So this is what I came up with.So let me tell you what I did without my copics! I just purchased this Spellbinders shapeability butterfly die...so pretty! I was testing it out on a white scrap and decided to use it. I found this butterfly paper in the Urban Prairie dp pack by Basic Grey and matched it up with SU's so saffron and new in-color melon mambo. The ribbon is PTI's raspberry fizz and it matches melon mambo perfectly. The sentiment is a SU rub-on that was free from some promotion...I have about 5 packs of it and never used it! I added star dust stickles on the butterfly and I was done in just 20 minutes! This is a 4.25" square notecard.

What a fun challenge! I'm really glad I played. So, I'd love to hear what you think of my 20-minute, no copic, no ink of any kind card! Your comments are so welcome! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Sunday!
Recipe
Stamps: None!
Paper: Neenah white, so saffron, melon mambo, Urban Prairie dp (basic grey)
Ink: None!
Accessories: Butterfly die, ribbon, star dust stickles, SU rub-on

2 comments:

Justine said...

Wow the simplicity really speaks volumes, so fresh and beautiful

Cheryl said...

Love the bright pink with So Saffron! Great take on the challenge! It WAS a hard one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin