Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Time Template Challenge

I'm not fond of these words...Back to School! I know that moms love these words, but teachers...not so much! It means my free time is over, and I love my free time! Oh well, on to this week's challenge.

Pam suggested using a back to school theme for this week's My Time Template Challenge. I have a five-year-old nephew, Ethan, who will begin Kindergarten this September, and I had made a card for an inspiration challenge a while back that I was saving to give to him for his first day of school (you can see the orginal post here). So I decided to combine that card with this challenge and made this lunchbox for Ethan. I used Lauren Meader's Let's Do Lunch template and coordinated it with the card. The dp is from Graphic 45's Playtimes Past collection.I placed the dp on the sides and top of the lid. Then I added the so saffron grosgrain ribbon to finish it off. I also decorated the black handle with the same ribbon. The latch was punched with the round tab punch in real red and I added a black PTI button on top. The checkerboard dp on the bottom is from the same collection, however it's a punchout.So here's a picture of all the goodies his aunt is loading in there! I tried to purchase healthy snacks, but couldn't pass up the Mini Oreos! We aunts have the right to spoil them, right? Ok, so here's a picture with a real healthy snack.So can you see a little Kindergartener giving this to his teacher on the first day of school? He'd be in like Flynn with me! LOL!!!

Now you should stop by the My Time DT blogs and see what they've created for their back to school projects. I know some of them are jumping for joy that it's this time of the year! LOL!! Here are links to their blogs.

If you decide to play, please link your DIRECT POST to Mr. Linky on Lauren's blog. You have to chance to be highlighted on Lauren's blog next week in her My Time to Shine spotlight. If you upload to SCS, please use the keywords MTTC05.

Thanks for stopping in today and have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Lisa! I am shocked! LOL! It's good to know that our teacher's have a sense of humor about the crazy snacks that kids get. I am a mom who appreciates the normalcy of having the kids in school but I give a monster load of credit to teachers who can engage a classroom full of children when us mommies can only handle a couple at a time. I love helping in my girls' classrooms...I have learned alot from teachers over the past 8 years and all I can say is...bless you all! :)

Cheryl said...

Not fond of those words?! That has to be the biggest understatement of the year! And I agree with you!
Love your lunchbox, thosugh! It has the perfect combination of primary colrs and vinatge look! Terrific!

Lisa Brown said...

Love this, Lisa! Perfect for the challenge!Color scheme is awesome!---Have a great year! We started back on the 12th...kids start Monday!!!

Alicia Weiman said...

What a cute, cute gift! I'm sure he will love it!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh yum-o!! I don't know HOW teachers do it day after day, and I know I personally appreciate all the hard work they put into my kids. I had to home school Alexa for a year since she was ill and I about HUNG myself! LOL! It was so hard. Love your project!

Maria said...

This is amazing! I love what you did. The colors are awesome! Great job.

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is fantastic! Wow I just totally love the lunch box, the paper, the snacks *tee hee*

SOrry about "back to school" - I'm an administrator now after years in the classroom so I understand the "bittersweet" sound of those words.

SUper fun project.

Kristin Eberline said...

Lisa~

How GREAT that you had such a cute card to use as inspiration for your super adorable lunch box! I love how you added ribbon to your handle, and the black and patterned paper are a gorgeous contrast! Such a great take on the challenge! I would love to receive this if I were a student OR a teacher!

Oh, and YES, us aunts are totally allowed to spoil our neices and nephews :O) I speak from experience!

Dawn B. said...

This turned out great Lisa. I love the paper you chose. I am NOT looking forward to school starting either. I love no routine and sleeping in late. LOL. Hope you have a great year...Hugs to you as you start another one. I appreciate all you teachers do to impact these young minds...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin