Saturday, January 24, 2009

1,2,3...A,B,...E?


Someone at Graphic 45 doesn't know their ABC's! Let me explain. I made this for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. Stef chose Lang Calendars as our inspiration today, and there were SO many I wanted to do. I settled on this one, being that I'm a teacher. It's from their Schoolhouse calendar. I was looking through my stash of paper, and came across this great line of paper and tags from Graphic 45 called Playtimes Past. I got it at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, a while ago and found these three square pieces on the sheet. They are actually punch-outs, so I was all ready to go. But then I noticed that they had one for A, one for B, and then went to E! Why wouldn't they have C? I went with it anyway cause they were so cute and perfect for what I wanted! For the other three squares, I used Wild Wasabi backed with Riding Hood Red squares. I used the new Fresh Alphabet stamp set from PTI and paired it with MFT's Back to School. I had gotten this set last year when SCS was doing their "I've Been Elfed" thing. I was sent this set by someone as a gift...nice gift! Thanks to whomever sent it! I stamped one globe, two apples, and three books in Versafine ink. They were colored with copic markers right over the wasabi paper. I used a white gel pen on the apples for more dimension, and gold and silver Spica glitter pens on the globe stand and stripes on the books. Very subtle shine going on there. The sentiment was stamped on a tag that was cut with the Spellbinders tag die (the sentiment is crooked...don't look!) and I placed black brads on the ends. The letter squares are up on dimensionals. I think I'm going to save this card for my nephew, Ethan. He will be going to kindergarten in September, and he'll love this card and a small "school" gift to take with him on his first day. I think that's it! I love these colors and these papers are fabulous! The colors are so rich and so me! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Back to School (MFT), Fresh Alphabet (PTI)
Paper: Black, so saffron, wild wasabi, riding hood red, Graphic 45 Playtimes Past
Ink: Versafine black, copic markers
Accessories: 1" & 1 3/8" punches, Spellbinder tag die, Spica glitter pens, dimensionals, brads, white gel pen

10 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like your take on the inspiration calendar. Yours has an old time school feel to it. How funny that there was no "c".

Lisa Brown said...

Really cute, Lisa! Love the color scheme!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, fabulous...I left a comment on SCS, but I wanted to read the details....wonderful work as always! *~*

dj said...

I had to stop in a read the details--love this card. Since I am a homeschooling mom I especially loved it. It looks like this might be my last year of homeschool. I am not sure if I should cry and do a cheer?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa - I had tot stop by to see the IC piece.... glad your blogging - LOL!!!
I love this card - it's fabulously inspired!!! I totally love your creativity!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful interpretation of the calendar! I just love the vintage feel of this card! Great color choices! Mmmm? do I need the new PTI alphabet? Maybe!

LeAnne said...

So cute! Love this! You did a great job with this challenge!
LeAnne

Elizabeth said...

Very creative and unique card!

diane zechman said...

what a sweet gift you received! and a cute card...but I would be thinking the same....where's the "C"? LOL.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Super cute, Lisa! Why is it that we teachers can't get enough of the "teachery" stuff? Great card!Love it!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin