Saturday, January 17, 2009

50 Beers for 50 Years!

So what do you think of that catchy little sentiment? My DH needed a card for a 50th birthday party he's going to tomorrow. It's for one of the guys he works with, and he's giving him 50 cans of beer for his gift! Guys...! So he asked me to make a card for him.

My idea right away was a glass of beer. I thought I had one in one of those Studio G $1 stamps, but I guess I never bought it. So I then remembered Papertrey Ink's Warm Happiness set. I just masked off the handle of the mug and made a glass! I paper pieced the glass with a piece of More Mustard dp and used some liquid applique for the foam on top and voila! I had a glass of beer! It took a few tries to get the glass just right, but I'm pleased with the outcome. This paper came from an SU Print Pack, which is a hostess gift. I used today's sketch from Jen del Muro. The sentiment on the front is computer generated. I'm also going to enter this in Sharon Johnson's (notimetostamp) Stamp Simply #70 challenge - Senior Citizens Rule. She just turned 55 and thought making a card that a senior citizen would like would be a good challenge. I don't know if turning 50 makes you a senior citizen, but I'm entering it anyway!

I also like the saying on the inside. Click on the picture to get a better view. I just got this from Lizzie Anne Designs the other day. I love to have different sentiments on hand. They just make the card more personal. Well, that's it for today. I have another post below, Zebra Monogram. I played in today's Inspiration Challenge...so please scroll down for that and thanks for stopping in!

Recipe
Stamps: Warm Happiness (PTI), inside sentiment (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper: Black, white, More Mustard dp
Ink: Versafine black
Accessories: Star punches, liquid applique, dimensionals

3 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

It's a perfect card for the Senior Challenge -- 50 is certainly close enough - LOL -- but don't tell the birthday boy I said that -- LOL!!! Love your creativity in personalizing this card to meet your DH's request!!! Way to go!!!

diane zechman said...

ha! great card! love your sentiment inside!
I left you an award:
http://papercookies.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/01/17/a-blog-award-from-kelley/

Cheryl said...

Talk about a crd coordinating with the gift-this is perfect! Love your mustard beer1 You really made the sketch work for this!
I'm STILL cleaning! We got groceries and ate at Wegman's on Saturday! Those were our big weekend plans!
So glad to have another day off!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin