Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thank You Notecards


Hi everyone! First of all, I want to say Happy New Year! I've been a bad blogger this week, but it was busy and I was sick. I've had a bad sore throat since New Year's Eve and went to the ambulatory center yesterday because I saw white spots on my throat. Thankfully it wasn't strep (is that spelled right?) and I just have some viral thing. Anyway, that's my excuse for not blogging and stamping! And tomorrow it's back to work for me!SmileyCentral.com


I've had two weeks to make these thank you cards, but just made them this morning! I just couldn't clean up my stamp room! I was so wiped out from all the Christmas stamping I did and was just not ambitious enough to do it. Guess when the ambition hit? Last night at 10:00! I was cleaning and straightening until 12:00! Crazy, I know. But this morning I was ready to stamp! This is a notecard, not a full card. I thought with so many to make, it would save me some paper. And it's all SU, which is unusual for me! I did these notecards in one of my classes before...you can find that post here. I just made this notecard sort of wintery, with the snowflakes and winter colors. The monogram was made with a circle frame from Frames with a Flourish, and the letter is from Lovely Letters. The snowflake and sentiment are from Short and Sweet. I used Ski Slope dp and Riding Hood Red cardstock and ink. There was a lot of punching and stamping, but I did them in stages and it went pretty quickly once I decided on what I was going to do! But, it took an hour to finally decide this was what I was going to do! I then made 13 of these in about an hour.
Anybody make any New Year's resolutions that they may keep? I'm going to try a few...lose a few pounds, get cards done ahead of time (I see a lot of good organizational tips out there for this!), stay on schedule with correcting papers. We'll see if I keep on track! That's all for today! Have a great week!
Recipe
Stamps: Frames wit a Flourish, Lovely Letters, Short & Sweet
Paper: Whisper white, riding hood red, Ski Slope dp
Ink: Riding hood red
Accessories: Circle, scallop and scallop border punches

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are awesome, Lisa! I hope you are feeling better. That alphabet set is on my wish list--for next year, when they are all die-cut!!! I have seen so many nice things with this set and I love what you've done here! Take care!
LeAnne

Teresa Kline said...

I am luvin these cards....so very pretty! *~*

Melissa said...

This is really cool. What a agreat idea! Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin