Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanks So Much Birdie!

Hi everyone! It's Thursday, so I have another Artful INKables creation for you. I love this set called A Bird's Song (I think it's one of my favorites of all the AI sets!). Here's what I did with it and the sketch from SCS yesterday.I started with this great sketch (but flipped it on its side) and Basic Grey's Indian Summer dp. I then colored the bird and leaves accordingly (although I'm not sure about the colors I chose for the bird!). The bird image and crushed curry mat were cut and embossed with nesties. I swirled some Marigold Morning ink around the edges of the image and sponges some Soft Suede ink around the edges of the crushed curry (it was just too bright!). The ribbon is soft suede grosgrain ribbon. I added the sentiment in Soft Suede ink and some star dust stickles on the leaves and bird's feathers.

The girls over at Artful INKables are having a Twilight blog hop on Friday. I'm not much into that series, so I opted out. But if you are a fan, check it out. There are a bunch of customers of AI that are participating too and it looks like it's going to be a great hop!

Thanks for stopping in today! I'll have something fun tomorrow for you, so please stop by again!
Recipe
Stamps: A Bird's Song (Artful Inkables)
Paper: PTI white, soft suede, crushed curry, Indian Summer dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, soft suede, marigold morning
Copic Markers: Y26; E08, 71, 77, 93, 95, 97, 99; YR21, 23, 24
Accessories: Nesties, soft suede ribbon, star dust stickles , dimensionals

2 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty card!!

Crystal said...

Lisa this is beautiful, Love your take on the sketch and you did such an awesome job with this image!!! Beautiful card!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin