Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad - Featured Stamper Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone! I didn't intend to participate in the Featured Stamper challenge over on SCS today, but I took a peek at Jellybean74's gallery and came across a card I wanted to CASE for my FIL's birthday. I hate making masculine cards, because I'm just not good at it. I NEED inspiration. I did, however, intend to use SU's Lovely as a Tree set. My girlfriend gave hers to me (she doesn't stamp anymore) and it wasn't even mounted! When I was peeking at the FS gallery, I came across this card and it is where my inspiration took me.I hate CASEing almost exactly, but I just had to! I used the same tree (it was perfect, so why bother changing it?), but stamped it in River Rock. The dp is similar, but mine is Pyrus from Basic Grey. I matted it with River Rock cardstock. The sentiment is from two Papertrey Ink sets: Men of Life and Father Knows Best. The ribbon is River Rock and I added a piece of Hodgepodge Hardware in aged copper.

The inside was kept simple. I used 1" squares and mounted them like diamonds, similar to the front. The sentiments again are from the same two Papertrey sets.

My FIL is a great guy and a great father. He's almost blind from glaucoma and I have never once heard him complain. He has been in pain quite a few times from the pressure building up behind his cornea. I worry about him when he's walking up and down steps, but he just yells at me and says, "What? I'm fine!" Men! LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your day!

Recipe
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree (SU), Men of Life and Father Knows Best (PTI)
Paper: Vintage cream, river rock, Pyrus dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Chocolate chip, river rock
Accessories: Nesties, river rock ribbon, hodgepodge hardware, dimensionals

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Holy moly, Lisa! This is a FANTASTIC masculine card! Especially from someone who's "just not good at" them ;] LOL Could've fooled me! Ha ha I need to steal some of your masculine mojo and get a few cards done myself. The past few were disasters.

Dawn B. said...

I can see why you loved her card because I LOVE this card. What a great masculine card. Your FIL will love it. I have this set and have not used it in so long..Great job.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a fabulous Dad card! I love the design and paper choices. Very classy indeed!

Kathryn B said...

I don't know how you can say you are not good at making a masculine card Lisa!!! I've seen a few of yours and each one makes me say WOW that is stunning! This one is no exception...the colors, design papers and buckle not to mention the image are fabulous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin