Monday, November 1, 2010

Star of the Show - My Time Made Easy

Oh boy, do I have something special to show you today! I just love this project, if I do say so myself! I have the new Star of the Show template from My Time Made Easy to show off today. When Lauren shared this with us, I immediately had this idea in mind. It went through a lot of different phases in my mind before it came to fruition, however!I have always loved stacked boxes! I have purchased several of them, and now I don't have to buy them anymore! I have them right at my fingertips! This project was first going to be done in light blue. I had some pretty ribbon to use on it. But two things changed my mind. Today I saw Kristin did a fabulous job making this box into a star and she used the light blue snowflake paper. Then yesterday, I made a red and white card and loved it, so I decided to continue with that color palette.

The bottom box was cut (in SCAL) at the original size, then the middle box was reduced to 80%, and the smallest at 60%. I printed three full sheets of this FREE digital paper from MTME called The 12 Days of Snowflakes. The middle box only used two sheets, so I have paper for another project! I stamped the smaller snowflake from the Secret Santa stamp set in real red ink around the sides of the white boxes.The Perfect Poinsettia cut file (new this month) was reduced to 60% before cutting it out in SCAL. I used scrap pieces from the star box template. The leaves were cut using the new Holly-Day Accents cut file. I added a red glitter dot to the center of the flower and star dust stickles to the edges of all the petals and the leaves. The boxes are held together with some SU ribbon. Here is a closer view of the poinsettia. There are more samples of this box being posted today by some of the MTME DT.


Stop by their blogs to see their fabulous creations! Thanks so much for stopping in today! I'll be back tomorrow with the first day of sneak peeks for the Paper Makeup Stamps November release, so please stop by!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

THUD. Amazing, Lisa! Great idea!

Crystal said...

Lisa WOOOOWEEE What a gorgeous box set, stunning work sweetie!!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa I LOVE this - But of course - you and I are so similar in our stamping tastes and styles - I'm half-way through my BLUE ONE! LOL - but I have another idea in mind as well so I may shift gears so it doesn't look like I'm copying!! Love the red and white color combo. Well done!!

Tracy said...

Catherine stole my word...THUD!! Awesome job on this project, the colors are perfect! I'll take mine filled with chocolate please ;)

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Lisa!!! This is truly amazing! What a clever idea you have for stacking the boxes -- this can be a decoration or gift. Brilliant -- I LOVE it :)

Monique said...

Lisa this is Simply Beautiful.. I love red and white.(they were my wedding colors).. Fantastic idea with stacking boxes, the poinsettia in the snowflake paper is so pretty and the glitter on the leaves.. WOWZA..Great work!

Noreen said...

What a wonderful fun idea! Beautiful!

Eileen said...

Oh wow I love it truly truly love it. Eileen x

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is STUNNING!!!

Romaine said...

I LOVE how you made these stacked and the papers are soooo pretty!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous stackables, Lisa! They look so festive!
Love them!

Tina said...

Holy Moses, this is incredible!

FibreJunky said...

WOW!!! Those are fan-freaking-tastic!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin