Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Us Girls - 3D Christmas Challenge

Hi everyone! Did you see my new blog header? I asked Heather Rolin (who owns Individual Blog Banners) to update my blog header and signature for the holidays, and she did a fab job! It looks so festive! Thanks Heather!

Today is Saturday (woohoo!!) and it's time for another Just Us Girls challenge. Kristin has challenged us to add a 3D holiday embellishment to our projects! I had the perfect embellishment for my card.

I bought this set from Taylored Expressions last month called Merry Little Cocktail and found Christmas wine charms I had never used. So I created my card around it! The sketch is from Taylored Expressions from last week, too. I used SU's Jolly Holiday dp and paired it with Old Olive and Vintage Cream cardstock. The ribbon is old olive taffeta. I added red and star dust stickles to the image, green glitter dots, and the tree charm with some baker's twine. Very simple card to do...not much coloring! Love it!

Want more inspiration? Head on over to the JUGs blog and see the amazing projects the DT and our featured designer, Cheryl Rowley, did this week! This is Cheryl's last with us already...where has the time gone? Stop by their blogs to leave some much deserved love!

On a personal note, I'm picking my new Dodge Journey up this morning! I was ready for something different after having 5 minivans! I'm really excited because I've never had power locks and windows on any of my cars! My hubby never wanted them because he was afraid they'd break and be a pain to fix. (And his best friend is a mechanic...go figure!!) It's black, which I know will be a challenge to keep clean, especially in our weather up north. But, I've always wanted a black card! So I'll be tooling around town today having fun!

Thanks for stopping by and listening to my rambling! Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

I giggled out loud when I saw your card! I love it! THe sentiment is SOOOOOO funny as I think of some of my friends and I as we rush around this holiday season....I might just slip and tell someone to have a merry little cocktail he hee hee! Just darling! and the wine charm is perfecto!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oooohh...how exciting that you're getting a new car today! Congratulations, Lisa! Have fun tooling around town :]

I LOVE your holiday card and the sentiment is PERFECT...so up my alley :] I can't think of a more fitting 3-D embellishment than the wine charm you chose! LOL Beautiful work, girly ♥

Kathryn B said...

Aaah I just love that stamp, it's so festive and fun with the candy cane hanging on the side! You say your card is simple I say it's simply stunning!!!
Have fun with your new vehicle it's always fun to have that new car smell! LOL!!! Black is my favorite color for a vehicle too!!!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your card, makes me want to have a coctail! Have fun with your new wheels! I bet you are super excited!

Cheryl said...

Great card, Lisa! It has a lot a great things going on! Love the nestie shape, the colors, layout, sentimetn AND the charm!
Great look to your blog!! She is terrific!

AKiteFlier said...

Ooooh I love this sentiment and your card is just fabulous for a friend - I have a lot of wine charms laying about - great idea for using them. AND how is the new car? How fun and exciting for you - I STILL keep my mini van - too many things to schlep around to give it up just yet. :-) Love your new blog header too - it's well done.

Andrea M said...

Lisa, you are completely the queen of sponging and fabulous layered DPs!!!! The sponging on the image is just perfect - what an awesome, soft glow! Gotta love that sentiment too! The wine charm is a fitting 3D embellishment too :) Fabby card girl!

Andrea M said...

Forgot to say congrats on the new vehicle!!! How exciting :) Love, love, love the new car smell. I can only imagine how much you're loving it!

Monique said...

Your blog header looks fantastic Lisa!! and a new car you lucky duck!!! your card is priceless...Love the sentiment, color combo bakers twine..I love it all !! Great work!!

Maria said...

What a fabulous fun card! Love your glitter dots and the little tree, perfect! Nice job.

Anonymous said...

I'm such a bad friend! The card is gorgeous!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new blog look. HEather is awesome and so incredibly sweet to boot! Congrats on the car... fun, fun, fun! No wonder you got "cabin fever" you wanted to drive that new car! lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin