Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Christmas Card....Really??

Yes, I've done a Christmas card! I'm determined this year to make at least one a week, and Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge blog is a good place to start! They had a great sketch this week, and you know how much I love sketches! ;-) Also, my friend Shaela is on their team, so I thought I'd play this week.I was looking through my Papertrey Ink Christmas stamps (which really don't get enough use these days) and found Communique Curves which has never seen ink.
The dp is from Webster's Pages from the Holiday Collection called Home for the Holidays & Winter Wings and it's so pretty! I cut this one down to fit the card (the papers are in a 6 x 6 pad). The wreath in the stamp set was stamped in Always Artichoke and the berries in Riding Hood Red. I then sparkled them up with some red stickles. The ribbon is Riding Hood Red taffeta. I punched some ferns in Always Artichoke and Riding Hood Red with the Martha Stewart punch. Some sponging, nesties, and dew drops and the card was done! The first one for Christmas 2011! Let's hope this isn't the only one I do until December 2011! LOL!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

Recipe
Stamps: Communique Curves (PTI)
Paper: Vintage cream, always artichoke, riding hood red, Webster's Pages Holiday dp
Ink: Always artichoke, riding hood red, antique linen distress ink
Accessories: Nesties, MS fern punch, dew drops, red stickles, dimensionals

Photobucket

9 comments:

Shaela said...

this is beautiful!! I'm so glad you're going to try and play along this year. :) A word to the wise: if you don't want to spend $1.50 to mail each Christmas card, keep the bulk to a minimum. I learned that the HARD way last year, lol!

Cheryl said...

Vintage and gorgeous and good for you!
You are making your resolutions come true! I also admire all the challenges you're getting into! That's my goal, too!
This card is a great beginning to your Christmas card stash!

Kay D said...

Love your take on the sketch, the punched sprigs look perfect- great colors too!

Dawn B. said...

OH my goodness..this is beautiful.. I love that paper.. It is beautiful and goes so well with these stamps.. Great job Lisa.

StephC said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! The wreath, and papers are fantastic. Great take on this weeks sketch. I hope you'll get to play along again soon!
Steph

Andrea M said...

I totally understand about the Christmas cards LOL! I always try to start out making some months before then before i know it, I've run out of time and am scrambling :) This card is BEAUTIFUL Lisa!!! Love the DP and what you've done with the stamps!!! So so pretty!!!

Anne Tussing said...

Beautiful card! Hooray for getting an EARLY start on Christmas cards!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! I love what you did with Communique Curves!!!

Pam W. said...

Stunning!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin