Monday, January 17, 2011

Color Throwdown and Sweet Sunday Challenges

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! We here in the states are celebrating this national holiday for a great man! This day is supposed to be a day on not a day off, so I hope you are "on" today and doing something worthwhile! I'm hoping to be feeling better today! We'll see how the day goes!

Last night I had some energy to make some cards, and I chose to use the colors from the fabulous challenge blog Color Throwdown. They also have a request to send your card to a young woman in our stamping community named Katie who is going through a rough time right now. You can find the link on the CTD post. I'm sending my card to her to hopefully brighten her day. Here are the colors the CTD challenged us to use this week.
I also chose to play in the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I love Karen's sketches and use them regularly. This is the 100th sketch, so it's extra special! This card came together so easily, I couldn't believe it! I had all the cardstock, dp, and a great stamp set right at hand! This is what I came up with. This is the first time using the Early Espresso. I had to open the new package (actually I didn't even realize I had this cardstock). The dp is Soft Sky designer prints and Razzleberry Lemonade from SU. The ribbon is Melon Mambo grosgrain. The sentiment and flourish are from Verve's Blue Skies which is stamped in Soft Sky and Memento Rich Cocoa. I thought the sentiment was perfect for what I needed. I added the brown pearls and then thought it was still missing something. I went through my punches and found this butterfly punch from SU (another tool I didn't realize I had!). It coordinates with their set Flight of the Butterfly. I stamped it in the Soft Sky and Rich Cocoa also and added star dust stickles for some sparkle.

All in all I'm pleased with this card. Now I just have to finish off the inside and send it off to Katie. I hope you can do the same.

Thanks for stopping in today! Love to hear your comments!

Recipe
Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve), Flight of the Butterfly (SU)
Paper: Neenah white, early espresso, soft sky, melon mambo, Soft Sky designer prints and Razzleberry Lemonade (SU)
Ink: Soft sky, Memento rich cocoa
Accessories: Nesties, grosgrain ribbon, pearls, butterfly punch, star dust stickles, scalloped border punch, corner rounder, dimensionals

Photobucket

6 comments:

Broni said...

What a beautiful and sweet card, Lisa! Just perfect for Katie! Thanks so much for playing along with us in this special Color Throwdown! (Sorry the linky thing cut off before you got linked!)

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Love the lil' butterfly fluttering about :)

SmilynStef said...

Love that sentiment ... a great mantra for each day.

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Beautifully done Lisa. What an encouraging and profound sentiment. Love the flourishes that dress it up and your darling butterfly.

Anne Tussing said...

Gorgeous card! I love that sentiment:) Hope you're feeling better!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin