Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pretty Palette #25

Hi everyone!  I'm here with another Pretty Palette challenge from My Time Made Easy.  Speaking of which, did you see the new products that were released on Thursday?  You can see them all here.
For my card this week, I used a couple of cut files - one old and one new. I used this week's Clean & Simple sketch. The vertical element on the sketch reminded me of a telephone cord (on the older phones!), so I use this telephone image from On Display 1 digital stamp set. I changed the colors (it was black) to the Pretty Palette colors. Then I remembered that MTME had a cut file called Random Ribbons that had this curly ribbon image in it. I cut it out of celery and olive papers and cut them in half and layered them together. Then I added this turquoise ribbon (from JoAnn's) in the middle. The ovals were cut using the new Simple Tags Open cut file. I just used the plain oval and resized a second one to 85% so I could layer them and stamped the sentiment from On Display 1 acrylic stamp set. The background was embossed with a numbers embossing folder.

You can get more inspiration on the MTME blog and from the Pretty Palette design team's blogs.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Carol Wilde said...

Great card ! Love it !

Carol W

Unknown said...

I like your card- the ribbons look like a telephone cord.

Cheryl said...

Love these colors! Your chatty card is adorable! Fun sketch!
Hope I get to play this week!
Did I mention that I love these colors?
Have a great day tomorrow! It'll be a little tough to be back on a schedule!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin